ADVERTISEMENT

I don't hate Duke

northdakotahusky

Nov 27, 2010
As a young kid I hated Duke. Hated K. I've softened over the years. I didn't mind the 2010 team. I don't mind this team either. I really like Winslow. He plays a very aggressive game. Playing him at the 4 was an really bad match up for Michigan State.

As usual Zebras help them win.... AGAIN!!

But all good.... We know what we have to do... #StriveforFive

Can't stand that program has 1 more than us

Originally posted by Ozzie3178:
As usual Zebras help them win.... AGAIN!!
You mean it wasn't just me who noticed the Zebra's licking coach K's balls....

I guess it's semantics, but the Refs didn't help Dook win. They helped them not lose. Dook was on the verge of getting blown off the court. That's when the refs stepped in and during an 8-10 minute period reset the game by the calls and non-calls that favored Dook.

Once the game got back to even and enough time had passed where Okafor and Winslow's foul trouble wouldn't be crippling they went back to fair play (except for the embarrassing failure to overturn the out of bounds call. But, that occurred after the Badgers had pretty much played themselves out of the game.

It's a left handed compliment, but you have to give Coach K credit for recognizing the scenario that was playing out in his favor and getting it through to his players.

If a movie is ever made out of this game, there will be dialog similar to this, during the filming of a time out with about 10 minutes left:

Coach K: ":OK guys. Just lower your shoulder and run full speed into any stationary defender between you and the basket. Once the contact is made, hurl the ball toward the basket."

Tyus Jones: "Coach, if we do that they'll call charges against us."

Coach K: "Son, trust in the NCAA and all will be well".

This post was edited on 4/7 12:05 PM by Husker Husky

Hahaa... agreed Blades and Husker!!

Just be reasonable and fair. Don't make it that obvious as they did last night is all I'm saying

But hey that is why we at UCONN have Dukes number because we don't play that ref crap we are usually just tougher come tourney time!!

The fact that UConn played Duke very tough this past season on a neutral court gives me some hope for next year. I am assuming Duke's 3 freshmen starters will all leave for the NBA so they will not be so good next year. The early departures this year will be interesting to watch.

Also good tweet from John Silver......that's what I hated most about the refs....in a NC game Coach K
almost dictated what they called in the 2nd half and how they called it.

...he bitched about fouls and then went out and worked the refs continually until he ended up with a foul on Wiscy
every time Duke rocket launched their players into them... shooting foul for Duke player when he elbowed the defender to
the head...and the other gift when an out of control Dukie got a foul on the set defender( I think Kaminsky) were just 2
occasions that told me K had control of the refs......and at that point they wouldn't listen to a thing that Ryan said so it was
game, set and match.....because K was reprimanding the refs into calls like he was their Daddy ! What were the FT's like
16-3 in the 2nd half...?

John Silver[/B]
21 hours ago
"Of course ncaa has an officiating problem. Maybe they should ban "working the refs" and coaches must stay in

coaching box."

And this admission by the NCAA head of officials:

Head of officials: Refs did not see key TV replay
This post was edited on 4/8 8:01 AM by the Blades

Originally posted by the Blades:
regarding Duke...... this ones for you KSTW and your namesake:
Shock the World
It was funny because I saw that comment by KSTW on live TV at the time. I was kind of surprised by it but at the same time I liked his confidence. UConn was a 10 point underdog in that game and I had gone to the Duke basketball website at the time and they were completely dismissive of UConn. I thought that they were way overconfident. But let's not forget that team UConn beat was one of the best teams in NCAA history, better than the Duke team that won yesterday. All 5 starters were eventually NBA 1st round draft picks although not in the same year.

This post was edited on 4/7 9:44 PM by KhalidShockedTheWorld

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT