ADVERTISEMENT

Houston Thread

Dominicfrank

Aug 28, 2004
Well, its time to start looking pat this season. I know I am still on a high from last season so this stings much less than a season of high expectations.

I am a little shocked that we are now the "bad" loss listed on teams like Florida and Dayton. The WVU loss was a BIG symbol that this team just cant hang with teams that are athletic. Hell Cinci who made us look bad just lost to ECU.

I hope we get Stone and somehow get another starter (dreaming of Newman) so that next year isnt just more of the same.

Houston hasnt won a conference game until today's seemingly inevitable win over what could just be the worst team in the American.

It's not looking to good for the huskies! We'll have a hard time making the NIT at this rate. I really like Hamilton and Brimah, I just hope they stick around another year. Something is up with Boat. Seems like his heart is not into it. Reminds me a Dyson's final year.

Man don't get me started... I just hope Jalen and Enoch enroll asap!!

Ozzie WTF going on with this team? I never would have believed in a million years that this team would be 11-9 after 20 games. Is the talent that bad?

Talent is somewhat bad but you got a guy living off HSchool credentials and prolly peeked then and outside of Boat no real killa out there!

Soft charmin. Amida needs to continue to get stronger as does DHam and next year we "could" be good!

Smh smh smh. We lost to Houston and gave then their first conference win

This post was edited on 2/1 8:41 PM by Ozzie3178

Ozzie your comments depressed me so I am drinking Fireball watching the Super Bowl and wondering if UConn maybe even will be passed over by the NIT? Apart from the year UConn was banned when was the last year there was no postseason at all?

Is it fair to say UConn has work to do to make the NIT field?

nit would love the UConn name if we finish above.500.

sad sad sad season.....but I dont think Kevin lets this team off the hook, I see him MAKING this team play in a bs sub nit tournament. I just pray UK does not win the championship.

Here we are again. Just like 2012 I was super excited for three guards. In 2012 I optimistically thought Napier, Lamb and Boatright would make a great three guard lineup. I thought that speed would make us very tough to beat. In 2015 I thought we would have 4 fast guards (boat, samuel, purvis, hamilton..maybe cassel...maybe even Calhoun). With all that speed. How could we go wrong. Well, it's way wrong. Only Boat seems to be pulling his weight. Whatever skills the others have is countered by turnovers and inexperience. Only Hamilton seems promising. The others seem like benchies who have been thrust into starting roles. Now they have pretty much quit.

"Huskies never quit" - Shabazz Napier

Sadly, that's not always true. They quit in 2012 and they quit in 2015.

I doubt the Underclassmen

will all be back...just sayin....I am shocked that our deep coaching bench hasn't been able to beak through to these athletes...dis graceful....Boat was lights out at FT line during last years run,but he can't make 2of 2 or 3 of 3 in a conference game....Brimah has really taken a step back...no offense when at beginning of season he was showing some improved post moves...why when we were down in points at end of game didn't we show some faith in Omar?? On the plus side I really like the continued improvement in Facey ....hope we can pull together for conference tourney

Re: I doubt the Underclassmen

Originally posted by dp972:
.I am shocked that our deep coaching bench hasn't been able to beak through to these athletes...dis graceful....
I feel the same way. This team is not as good as I thought it would be, but 11-9 and 4-4 in the American with the players they have seems shocking to me as well. And they haven't been good pretty consistently this year and are not showing signs of improving as a team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT