ADVERTISEMENT

Houston Stunning Oklahoma

KhalidShockedTheWorld

Gold Member
Mar 28, 2009
This game is likely to get the attention of the Big 12. I watched the first half and Oklahoma was making one dumb penalty after another. Several roughing the passer penalties after plays were dead, several late hit penalties and unsportsmanlike conduct were called on OU, and all of them looked incredibly stupid and their coaches were going batshit on the sidelines. Houston's QB doesn't look like a great passer, but gets the job done.

Reactions: UconNell
With this 33-23 win over OU, Houston has likely wrapped up one of the two available Big 12 conference spots. It's probably between UConn and Cincy for the other spot.

Houston's the real deal in football, Uconn beat em' last year..... but remember they beat a 10-2 Florida St. team 38-24 in a New Years ( old BCS level) bowl.

Actually Houston's only loss last year was at UConn, although they were missing their starting QB that game due to injury. UConn goes down to Houston on 9/29, a game which will be televised on ESPN. The Houston coach Tom Herman has a very impressive track record with offenses at every school he has worked at the last 10 years.

Actually Houston's only loss last year was at UConn, although they were missing their starting QB that game due to injury. UConn goes down to Houston on 9/29, a game which will be televised on ESPN. The Houston coach Tom Herman has a very impressive track record with offenses at every school he has worked at the last 10 years.

Actually Greg Ward Jr played in that game. He came in to try to win it but was only 1-4 on his passes and got picked off by Uconn to seal the win.....Uconn was the one who was actually hurt more by a QB injury in that game. Sherriffs got knocked out right in the start after only throwing 1 pass and they had to bring in Boyle ( 1 TD and 13 interceptions in his career) who couldn't even win the job at Eastern Kentucky this year after he transferred...

Houston had a more than competent back up QB in Kyle Postma who had just rallied them from 20 points down when Ward went out to win vs Memphis the week before. But I think it was a trap game for Houston because they had just won a huge game vs. Memphis who was in the Top 25 too and Uconn had a full 2 weeks off to prepare because of the schedule break.....This year Uconn won't be so lucky..... they get Houston after playing Syracuse on Sat at home and they'll only have 4 days to recover while flying to TEX because of the Thursday national TV game..

Last edited:
I wonder if UConn and Cincy could end up being the schools picked? i don't fully understand the dynamics between the Big 12 and the Texas schools but I think it depends on whether they want to tap into some new markets. Of course Houston is a huge market but don't they already have tons of Texas Longhorns there working in oil industry?

It seems like the biggest issue in this whole Big 12 expansion scenario will be getting the needed eight school consensus, which could mean 2 schools, 4 or even none.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT