ADVERTISEMENT

Good Cincy follow-up......

the Blades

Gold Member
Jan 20, 2003
....by Fuller at the NHR, ....I guess even beat writers can get sick of lobbing in questions when the HC's answers don't add up: Diaco's answers, UConn's performance not up to par...

" Earlier in the season he said he does not believe in moral victories yet there he was spending most of his post-game interview session crowing about moral victories. "

Fuller has been my favorite UConn FB beat writer and is also the hardest working by far. As I've started going to media stuff more often, I've come to know him as a person who clearly knows a lot about what is going on and has a good knack for finding incongruencies in the narrative being pushed our way.

I'm eager to see what he has to say once he feels ready to unleash his complete thoughts.

Reactions: the Blades
Very true, glad Fuller called him out, (Cincy's O- 612 yds ?) it's 2 weeks in a row that the coaching staff can and should be questioned. So spare us the moral victory nonsense. CBS color man Corey Chavous who played DB 11 years in the NFL even called his D out on more than one occasion. He said Uconn's D was worse than at the playground level at one point, backing up 10 yds off the Cincy wideouts on 3rd down and 3's. Has Diaco ever heard of the word blitz ? I saw Gunner Kiel a few times earlier this year and in the game he got knocked out by pressure. He looked terrible any time he had to move even a little bit. But there was Diaco's secondary sitting back 15 yds off the ball in his zone coverage that had so many holes that it smelled like swiss cheese. While he never brought any type of pressure, and gave Kiel all day. I'll give him one mulligan which is that the D line looked really thin at the end of the game with, Adeyemi left behind in CT and it looked like could be pressure guys Ormsby and Stapleton, were out too by the 4th quarter.

But on the other side of the ball Cincy's young and inexperienced DB's (according to CBS) were right up in Uconn's jock straps. A game like this makes me wish I didn't even waste the time watching it, because if you gonna sit back and be a victim on one side of the ball and the other team is pressuring your offense all over the field, what result exactly did this coaching staff expect ? I'll take the UCF game and this past one in the monsoon as anomalies, but if they can't win on the scoreboard this Friday then Diaco's wasted another season and it's over for the fanbase...who want nothing more than to get behind this team on game day (which a sold out student section proved vs. USF) as he and his staff looked flat and disorganized.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT