ADVERTISEMENT

First Night

From the NHR article on Gaffney in the other thread :

RIM RATTLINGS:
Gaffney plans to be at UConn’s First Night festivities on Friday. He’ll be joined by a pair of Class of 2019 big men on official visits, Akok Akok of Putnam Science Academy, who UConn has coveted for a while now, and Qudus Wahab of the Flint School in Oakton, Virginia. DeMarr Langford, a 2020 shooting guard also from Putnam Science Academy, could be there on an unofficial visit, as well. It’s possible Bouknight, who committed to the Huskies on Sept. 18, could also be in attendance......Doors open at Gampel Pavilion at 5:30 p.m

The white team is a little stronger of a roster especially with Katie Lou and Dangerfield and Walker and Jalen on the perimeter.

White -6

If you want to be truthful, the stronger team is the one who keeps the most females off the court and out of the way, so nobody gets hurt. Ever since they went to this co-ed format, after Calhoun left, I've see enough of it to know the girls are little more than moving traffic cones. Usually 80-90% of points are scored by the guys unless "they want to be kind" and let the girls get their shots off. But this is all for fun and entertainment value....so a deeper in depth look at " the competition value " of it..... is almost like believing in Santa Claus... LOL ! :):):):)

Blades I was not suggesting it would be a competitive game. I merely assessed the talent “on paper” on the two respective rosters both male/female- no more, no less. One can do that on paper and it only makes sense on paper since even when it was male on male and female v. Male practice players it was not true competitive games. Although Geno one year chewed out a male practice player who went off on the girls and made the game very close. I personally heard the chewout.

So on paper white -6

Just got this in an e-mail from Uconn, looks like no full court scrimmage... just 3 on 3.... which is a good idea:
(click to enlarge)
BB18_First-Night-Details.jpg

Did he win the dunk contest? How many dunks did he have in actual regular season games last year, like 1?

Was anyone there last night to assess the action?

Neil Ostrout had White as a 2.5 point favorite. I have them as a 6 point favorite but Blue won by 11, easily covering both my and Ostrout's spreads.

Reactions: the Blades
Team mate of James Bouknight..... Borges says 2021 but Rivals and 24/7 both list him as a 2020...
Richard Springs, 2020 PF ........6-9/217lb...... 4 star.....Brooklyn, NY ( MacDuffie School, MA)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT