ADVERTISEMENT

FB commit #3 in

More on ABO from Mike Anthony :
"Going in, I knew UConn was one of my top choices," said Olaniyan, who is from Bowie, Md., and will enter his fourth year at Woodberry Forest in the fall. "I didn't have an offer, but just researching the school beforehand, I knew it was a school I could see myself at. And after talking to the coaches after the camp for two or three hours, I just knew I wanted to be there. I ended up committing when Coach [Bob] Diaco extended the offer."

"I'm an athletic player but I don't have the freak athleticism like a 4.3 guy or a 4.4 guy," Olaniyan said. "I run about a 4.6. I usually just try to be as technically sound as possible, having that upper hand on people instead of [relying] only on athleticism. I try to be as technical as possible. That's something I really pride myself on."

Olaniyan's first name is Abiola but he goes by Bebe (Bee-Bee). The family is Nigerian. His older brother, Aramide, also attended Woodberry and later played at UCLA, graduating in 2014. "Talking to Coach Poindexter, it wasn't even a talk about [fitting in to the program], it was just a talk about knowing me," Olaniyan said of Anthony Poindexter, UConn's defensive coordinator, the first coach he reached out to and the coach who visited him at Woodberry in the spring. "He knew my brother, so we talked about that, and we were just getting to know each other more. I didn't expect to get the offer when I was talking to the coaches [Tuesday]. They were not really making it obvious. I talked to a few of my friends and my family beforehand. Going in, I knew I was going to commit."

Another write up by Matt on Bebe and his HS program:
"As a person, he's a wonderful young man," Alexander( HS coach) said Tuesday afternoon. "He's young for his class, a seventeen year old senior, who is far from being fully developed. He's very athletic, incredibly fast and every bit of 6 feet tall, which for a corner, that is obviously big."

* Bebe Olaniyan 3rd Commit – This is UConn Country

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT