ADVERTISEMENT

Eric Bossi: UConn vs. Kentucky for Hamidou Diallo

tcf_15

Mar 31, 2015
https://basketballrecruiting.n.riva...ruiting-battles-for-2017-basketball-prospects

The battle: Connecticut vs. Kentucky.

Bossi’s take: It would be foolish to discount the early groundwork and effort put into Diallo’s recruitment by Kevin Ollie and the Huskies. However, Kentucky seems to be making a pretty big push in the athletic wing’s recruitment. Syracuse will also be involved. There’s always rumors that Diallo could enroll as a 2016 prospect but he has continually denied that going to school as a 2016 prospect is in his plans.

Uconn has 4 titles, 5 final 4's since 99 and still get no respect on the recruiting trail. What more do they have to do!!

17 year old kids I always thinking about the past but I'm more focused on their future. If you picked Kentucky you live like Donald Trump and get the best of the best.

Uconn has 4 titles, 5 final 4's since 99 and still get no respect on the recruiting trail. What more do they have to do!!
Get into a P5 league!
I agree Shaun, but if you were a top recruit and could play anywhere, would you go to a school which plays (no disrespect to these schools) Tulane, East Carolina, etc & have the possibility of losing 1 or 2 of the better teams in the league (ie: B12), go to a P5 school that can continue to pay their student/athletes over the long term? UC is doing a fantastic job of keeping up, and in many instances doing better, than some P5 schools financially....but that cannot, and will not last.

I truly think KO is doing an unbelievable job recruiting given the circumstances. For better or worse, there is no HC i would rather have at Uconn than KO. He will continue to grow as a HC and the traditional blue bloods had better watch out if/when they get into a P5 conference. Sorry for the ramble...i'm at work and getting fired up for the long day ahead :)

Totally agree we are in a tough place given the current circumstances and KO continues to find ways to win and bring in quality talent . I think long term we will be fine , KO has a handle on the things he can control and his recruiting power will only grow with continued success . Question is how long will it take for us to get into a bigger Conf ? As for Diallo , kid is a special talent and we could use him , I trust KO and Uconn are going hard and selling him on all the right things . Question is what is Calipari selling him or giving him ?

Reactions: Shaggydog84
No he has told me numerous times not doing that....

Either way it helps us whether he comes now or next year!!

No he has told me numerous times not doing that....

Either way it helps us whether he comes now or next year!!

2017 memes that many more opportunities 4 Calipari to talk him into going to UK

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT