ADVERTISEMENT

Enough of This, Hire Bobby Petrino if he will take the job !!

one thing that scares me about Petrino is that he has never been at the same place for more than 2-3 years except that one stint at Arkansas and that was only for 4 years. Lot of one year stints especially as OC why did he not last longer and keep making lateral moves for OC to OC jobs. Hard to judge because he never really had his own recruiting class any of the places he has coached with such short stints except Arkansas but controversy also seems to follow him.

He wins everywhere he went and Louisville had some serious talent when he left, so did Arakansas.

Hard to argue this..... another GREAT coach but will UConn look past the little ole infedility BS?

I say yes they should if he is/was a candidate!!

I agree he is a guy that will turn it around here quickly then leave after 3-4 years but you know what so what and this "program" will be more enticing then and will continue to contend for decent bowl games and be able to hire another really good coach quickly and hopefully by then we will be in a power conference.

That is the bigger picture that Warde and the admin have to be looking at. I m sure they are but that is the key keep Uconn FB on the map and move it to a bigger conference where if a coach leaves after 3-4 years you can get another really good one in to replace him.... like the big boys do know anyway. Heck even the really bad programs do it like Kentucky with Stoops and Wazzu with Leach etc...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT