ADVERTISEMENT

Edsall using his Uconn model at Maryland...

the Blades

Gold Member
Jan 20, 2003
After the Pasqualoni debacle it sounds similar to what Diaco did this past season season cleaning house when 20 or so players left the program, many who were starters, because HCBD was looking for RKG’s or players that fit his Recruiting Model

From the article:
“We sit down ( the new AD) and he tells me ‘I don’t know, you might want to go back to Connecticut after I tell you this if that job is still open,’” Edsall said. “Three days into the job you find out then that you’re going to lose [scholarships]. The information I had before I got here didn’t tell me that." "Two dozen players transferred out of the program in Edsall’s first 14 months on the job." “You try to get them to understand, guys, it’s all one big process. It’s the same thing,” he said. “There’s a direct correlation and a direct carryover of how you prepare in the classroom is the same thing you’re going to do from a football standpoint.” Edsall said his philosophy of “do the right thing in all situations” was a big part of the success he had at Connecticut.
ESPN- Maryland Terrapins hope APR success spills onto field

I remember this chart from the year Uconn played Oklahoma in the Fiesta bowl and also that many years Uconn had close to 90% on both lines in this annual report, so it's a good model unless maybe when your playing a FB factory........;)

jackson__1292032763_4705.gif

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT