ADVERTISEMENT

Edsall about to be fired

UConnFamily

Gold Member
May 14, 2015
Some tweets are saying randy will most likely be fired during Maryland upcoming bye week

Wonder what his next dream job is

Reactions: Shaggydog84
Also heard the MD players had a "team" meeting without him, Karma baby, if it does happen..... couldn't happen to more of a snake. Especially after he had Todman stand up to announce his early NFL entry to his team after the Fiesta bowl...while sneaking away on a private flight without saying a word to them that he was leaving for MD as his team flew back alone.

Here's the read and speculation: BREAKING: Maryland to Fire Randy Edsall

Last edited:
Also heard the MD players had a "team" meeting without him, Karma baby, if it does happen..... couldn't happen to more of a snake. Especially after he had Todman stand up to announce his early NFL entry to his team after the Fiesta bowl...while sneaking away on a private flight without saying a word to them that he was leaving for MD as his team flew back alone.

Here's the read and speculation: BREAKING: Maryland to Fire Randy Edsall

Blades, I hear ya. Was a tough situation to swallow when RE took off in the darkness...after making Todman man up to his teammates. And, I historically agree with basically all of your opinions. I may get killed on here for saying this but.....

I think on this one, where i would differ, is I don't harbor any ill will towards him (ok, for full transparency i do a little). Am i smiling a bit based on his current situation? yeah. My wife is estatic ha ha. But when i look back at the entire picture, he did as good a job getting UC to the next level as anyone could have. A few times we were ranked in the top 25 (whether it was deserved is up for debate). He was disciplined and it typically showed with his teams. He knew what he had as far as players and for the most part got the most out of them. I acknowledge that the hatred goes specifically to his actions at the end and i was as upset as anyone. But when i look back at how he handled the Jasper Howard situation (during & after), and what he did for UC football, I guess for me at least, time has (mostly) heeled by wounds.

Just my opinion Blades. Ur the man and i respect your opinion. For some reason i'm sentimental today (24th wedding anniversary)...for whatever reason, I think he's a good guy, and cared deeply for his players and if he had a do over he would have done it differently at the end....I would like to think he's a better person than what we saw from the circumstances surrounding his decision to leave husky nation. With that said, he'll make a great HC at Susequehanna U , his new dream job.

ok, now i'm ready for the back lack from the room haha. But remember this b4 the cuffs come out in here....u guys are my husky brothers...slap me around some...but don't kill me :)

I think on this one, where i would differ, is I don't harbor any ill will towards him (ok, for full transparency i do a little). Am i smiling a bit based on his current situation? yeah. My wife is estatic ha ha. But when i look back at the entire picture, he did as good a job getting UC to the next level as anyone could have. A few times we were ranked in the top 25 (whether it was deserved is up for debate). He was disciplined and it typically showed with his teams. He knew what he had as far as players and for the most part got the most out of them. I acknowledge that the hatred goes specifically to his actions at the end and i was as upset as anyone. But when i look back at how he handled the Jasper Howard situation (during & after), and what he did for UC football, I guess for me at least, time has (mostly) heeled by wounds.

Just my opinion Blades. Ur the man and i respect your opinion. For some reason i'm sentimental today (24th wedding anniversary)...for whatever reason, I think he's a good guy, and cared deeply for his players and if he had a do over he would have done it differently at the end....I would like to think he's a better person than what we saw from the circumstances surrounding his decision to leave husky nation. With that said, he'll make a great HC at Susequehanna U , his new dream job.

ok, now i'm ready for the back lack from the room haha. But remember this b4 the cuffs come out in here....u guys are my husky brothers...slap me around some...but don't kill me :)

Shaggy..in the bigger picture part..I can't disagree. Was Edsall, lukewarm at times yes, vanilla and reliable most of the time yes, until he was sneaky at the end . When one takes a balanced look at his works....He got things done as a team builder in a new era of Uconn FB after Skip left. ( and yes thumbs up on the #6 tragedy that will never be forgotten) After PP and GDL, I guess we never knew how good we had it ( screw you Jeff Hathaway...LOL !)

Another part was he never did the program any favors sniffin' around the last 3 or 4 years for other jobs or the way he always wanted to play Uconn off as little Connecticut, especially after the Notre Dame win. If you compare it to how Calhoun came in and made Uconn "thee" destination instead of a stepping stone with his mind set, Randy never got it. Especially the way he used to use interviews and/or "fake jobs" ( like G-Tech or trying to link himself to the ND job) at Uconn for leverage and pay raises, but which also hurt his recruiting. ( he left PP with nothing other than Lyle McCombs and a walk-on QB in the backfield)

The Karma part of it becoming his team against him at Maryland and him having to walk the "plank" by himself with his departure already out in the media... says you reap what you sow and I guess he wont be sneaking off for any jobs without his team knowing this time around......But in the big picture we can't deny him the work he did in those "trailers ", the grad rates or the Fiesta Bowl while working around Hathaway, who didn't make things easier.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shaggydog84
interesting quote by Randy yesterday on twitter:
Randy Edsall ‏@RandyEdsall Oct 7
"Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren't used to an environment where excellence is expected."-Steve Jobs

So is being lukewarm....with a 74-70 record at Uconn while having one foot out the door the last few years on the job and a 22-33 record at MD ...considered quality and expected excellence ?

Shaggy..in the bigger picture part..I can't disagree. Was Edsall, lukewarm at times yes, vanilla and reliable most of the time yes, until he was sneaky at the end . When one takes a balanced look at his works....He got things done as a team builder in a new era of Uconn FB after Skip left. ( and yes thumbs up on the #6 tragedy that will never be forgotten) After PP and GDL, I guess we never knew how good we had it ( screw you Jeff Hathaway...LOL !)

Another part was he never did the program any favors sniffin' around the last 3 or 4 years for other jobs or the way he always wanted to play Uconn off as little Connecticut, especially after the Notre Dame win. If you compare it to how Calhoun came in and made Uconn "thee" destination instead of a stepping stone with his mind set, Randy never got it. Especially the way he used to use interviews and/or "fake jobs" ( like G-Tech or trying to link himself to the ND job) at Uconn for leverage and pay raises, but which also hurt his recruiting. ( he left PP with nothing other than Lyle McCombs and a walk-on QB in the backfield)

The Karma part of it becoming his team against him at Maryland and him having to walk the "plank" by himself with his departure already out in the media... says you reap what you sow and I guess he wont be sneaking off for any jobs without his team knowing this time around......But in the big picture we can't deny him the work he did in those "trailers ", the grad rates or the Fiesta Bowl while working around Hathaway, who didn't make things easier.

Without a doubt him looking around all but killed recruiting/depth etc. I guess i can't blame him but you are spot on that he used UC as a stepping stone as opposed to how JC came in guns ablazin...of course RE never was able to turn the corner on success like JC did. And he probably figured with all of the re-alignment going on, the BE was suspect at best...or maybe he didn't and was dumb enough to think MD was a step up in the ACC.

Karma is a bitch Blades, no 2 ways about it. let's just hope at some point the FB program becomes strong enough where coaches dont view the head job as a step along the well, but a destination.

Reactions: the Blades
. let's just hope at some point the FB program becomes strong enough where coaches dont view the head job as a step along the well, but a destination.

It might take some B1G'ger happenings along the way, but I'm sure that's the plan !

Edsall needed his team to upset Ohio State today to save his ass, and it didn't happen or come close to happening. He's cooked at Maryland, but he'll get a job somewhere as an assistant coach, maybe in the NFL.

I can vouch to this much for Edsall, whoever the reporter was ,who asked that question, has to be an idiot.....anyone who was ever in their seats early enough to know, would
see Randy individually greet/shake hands to each of his players in every pregame stretch...and this goes back to Memorial Stadium and the D-1AA days:

Last edited:
Dream Job.....EH ?.....Hey Randy...be careful what you wish for !!! ;)

I know Farrell is from CT and I know Edsall (at Uconn) and Rivals didn't seem to have the best communication going on with his " under the radar" tight lipped recruiting style, I also know the entire Uconn Boneyard fanbase that was on Rivals left to go to Scout over 10 years ago too. But if your gonna be a national writer, could you whiff on a story anymore ??? Talk about not knowing squat about Uconn and then putting a story out... I get the gist of the story but maybe it's better if he just continues to ignore and diminish anything Uconn does while he continues his love fest with BC :

Three-point stance: No sympathy for Edsall
" Edsall asked captain Jordan Todman to tell the players face-to-face as he never returned to Storrs to personally address his former team.
So when Edsall was offended when a reporter asked him about shaking hands with his players before the game Saturday as a way of saying goodbye, it was a legit question since he didn't do it at UConn. When he said he shakes hands with his players before every game "out of the respect for these kids and what they go through," that rings a bit hollow for his former players at UConn.

Wrong Todman wasn't a Team Captain, and what a clusterfruk of a sentence... does he mean Edsall asked his JR RB to tell his team that he was leaving early for the NFL .... and Wrong ...Edsall always shook hands pre-game at Uconn with his players as I mentioned above.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT