ADVERTISEMENT

ecu thread

it really is sad we are so bad. Brimah is just so raw, dude gets a rebound and has literally no idea what to do with it if he even handles the ball cleanly.

Samuels is a good kid no doubt and I do think he tries hard but god help him he has regressed from an average player he was last year.

Facey has glimpses and COULD be a good zone buster but 90% of the time he looks so lost and sheepish.

Purvis is almost worthless as is Calhoun.

Hamilton I like and hope he comes back.

Bad sign- when I turned on the game and noticed that ESPN has assigned their F team of broadcasters to do this game. Never seen either one of these two. ESPN must have had a production meeting and determined that they are no longer wasting their A list guys like Mike Patrick and Len Elmore on horseshit second tier American Athletic Conference basketball featuring UConn.

And UConn's 1st half suckfest demonstrated that ESPN has made an absolutely correct decision in bestowing us with their rookie F list announcers, and saving their big guns for the Power Conference games.

This is the way it will be rest of the way on ESPN games. No good announcers will be wasted on the rest of UConn's schedule which is just being played out.

This post was edited on 2/4 7:50 PM by KhalidShockedTheWorld

well colored me shocked and pleasantly surprised but that was the best second half of the season.

that second half was energized and well executed. Boat was really good as was Hamilton I thought.

lets see if we can build on it.

UConn was very solid in the second half and played with good energy, but East Carolina looked like they were out of gas and really didn't do very much. I thought Boatright looked great. It made me wonder if this is the first time all year that he is healthy.

Still amazing to me that we were 8 minutes in and had 4 points to our name. That disturbing trend of pathetic starts is really unacceptable. You do that vs good teams and get blown out. We have not come ready to play in I can't tell you how long.

KO tried something new with starting Samuel but that didn't translate any differently. I'm not sure what can be done at this point to fix this team. I refuse to get excited over a Gampel win vs ECU especially with the way we played in the 1st half.

I think KO started Samuel to relieve pressure on Boatright and from that standpoint, moving Boat off the ball created better spacing and more opportunities for Boat to have room to operate. I think it's also necessary because the ballhandling has not been good and there has been too many turnovers. With Cassell out for 4 weeks, there is no other guard who can assume ballhandling responsibilities. Boat and Samuel are it.

There is not much else that can be done, except to play Lubin more and Nolan less. For some reason Lubin is not getting minutes and I have to think he is not practicing well, but the minutes he has played show me that he has some potential.

ECU needs some big guys. I saw last night that we have some guards, that will be able to compete in this conference. B.J. Tyson is a freshman and I think he might have the most potential as a scorer, since Blue Edwards at ECU.

I think ECU is the up and coming basketball school in the conference. We have come a long ways since Jeff Lebo took over 5 years ago. We just have got to land some big bodies that can score and rebound.

I am pulling for AAC teams to succeed, especially UCONN, they are the flagship school of our league and they must continue to recruit well and carry the burden of the load. But for the league to succeed, SMU, Memphis, the Florida schools, and some up and comers (ECU) have got to sniff the top 25 from time to time.

How quick can UCONN get back into the top 10?

That is the question.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT