ADVERTISEMENT

Draft combine invites

Well, at least this provides clear information to Rodney and Amida. They need to work on their games before that would be ready for the NBA.
They both have the skills to make money overseas, but not even counting loyalty to the UConn program (which IMO is a very honorable trait), another year at UConn with hard work could get them the improvement they need.

Well, at least this provides clear information to Rodney and Amida. They need to work on their games before that would be ready for the NBA.
They both have the skills to make money overseas, but not even counting loyalty to the UConn program (which IMO is a very honorable trait), another year at UConn with hard work could get them the improvement they need.

While probably true the combine prefers to invite younger players to get better looks

Check out @DraftExpress's Tweet:

Purvis and Brimah are on the older side of the spectrum

Is Amida and Rodney not getting combine invites really a surprise? Neither are NBA ready at this juncture, I think we all know that.

Hoping Purvis comes back one way or the other though. If we return both AB & RP then we have a good shot to be better than we were this season

I think Purvis and Brimah being back would be a huge lift for the team. They are experienced and good leaders. Purvis showed very good improvement last year in all areas and finished the season strong. Brimah was a bit disappointing after his epic game against SMU and very foul prone, but he is an elite rim protector and even though a somewhat weak rebounder, his rebounding could be better next year. It really has to be. I think he is the leading returning rebounder even though his average was less than 5.

Purvis
I think Purvis and Brimah being back would be a huge lift for the team. They are experienced and good leaders. Purvis showed very good improvement last year in all areas and finished the season strong. Brimah was a bit disappointing after his epic game against SMU and very foul prone, but he is an elite rim protector and even though a somewhat weak rebounder, his rebounding could be better next year. It really has to be. I think he is the leading returning rebounder even though his average was less than 5.

True and Purvis did finish the season as the leading scorer...Got to give him alot of credit for advancing his game. His D has always been top end. But 2 areas he really improved were better decisions with the ball and FT's. Despite probably never being a great playmaker his numbers improved from 40 asst's/ 62 TO's up to 74 asst to 55 TO's last year. He jumped the FT's from 54% as a Soph to a passable 66% for the season and over 90% in tourney play.

I wouldn't say 66% FT shooting for a guard is "passable", but it is progress, and progress is important.

Sorry couldn't get the rotate feature to work in edit:

ChYdHATU4AASIde.jpg:large

I am in disagreement with that article in a dime back saying next year's team now has "no clear needs." Do they see a stud rebounder that I am missing? Do they even see an average rebounder? I guess it's the ole "someone has to grab those boards" theory. But the someone could be the other team's players too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT