ADVERTISEMENT

Diallo Announcement Saturday

He has UK at the very top on that pic.........not a good sign.............and Syracuse and UConn on the bottom which is where they are exactly record wise of those schools.

They do have medication for what u have KSTW. I sure hope u make a lot of coin at work.
I have to give u credit - u r consistent brother

Reactions: Ozzie3178
Just spoke to my man Liek aka Taliek Brown he said he might go to this announcement to bring some UConn juju :)

Taliek has been wanting and pushing him to UConn for a long time now!

Reactions: Shaggydog84
Trying my best to channel my inner Ozzie positivity on this one...fingers crossed

Trying my best to channel my inner Ozzie positivity on this one...fingers crossed

Hahaha... I mean bro we have done ALL we could the past couple years with him and his recruitment. Let's see what he ultimately decides...

Reactions: Silk31
Hahaha... I mean bro we have done ALL we could the past couple years with him and his recruitment. Let's see what he ultimately decides...
Hey Oz, it is what it is, remember the times this board was on suicide watch after JC missed out on these 3 Top 10 kids .... Selby, Knight and Joseph...(.2010: Point guards) then ended up with an egotistical kid named Shabazz ( ranked 98th overall) from Roxbury who had shooting range to Springfield. Or when JC got some kid named Kemba after " he lost out" on Brandon Jennings. So history has proven, at least at Uconn, to be careful what you wish for. Sometime the highest ranked guys don't stick around long enough to matter (like Andre... JC's only one and done) or in Jennings case it was a win for Arizona, but they lost the lottery ticket on him before they ever cashed it in. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...nnings&usg=AFQjCNF8JtGq_YNAalykH-up2W6r75_PFg
(UConn Dodged a Big Blow By Losing Out on Brandon Jennings)
"UConn received a commitment from NYC PG Walker.. He was not even ranked on many recruiting lists."

Also this from Borges and like you hinted at B4 it sounds like he's not helping anyone this year :

Last edited:
Khalid - we are a helpless bunch right now. You mean to tell me you don't want him for next season but only for this dumpster fire of a year...half a year at that?

I want to try and put out the dumpster fire before it spreads and gets any worse

This makes me think he will go to Kentucky then.
Not sure that's how i read into it, but u never know. I won't blame HD if he chooses Kentucky - it's his life. But it would be very interesting if he were part of next years team. I'm thinking '99, 04, ('09 FF), '11, '14, '17...Calipari can make the argument (this year) that Diallo will be so much more challenged during practice than if he went to a program "that sits in a 2 - 3 zone". But next year? (see below) that's why i think if Diallo choses next year we have a greater chance of getting him IMHO.

Enoch IS going to continue to progress. He's a young soph so we'll see. i think he's going to end up better than Hilton Armstrong. Not concerned about AB. will miss KF. RP is gone, which, as much as i love him i think they will move on quickly with the plethora of guards (who can handle the ball). Alterique, MAL, JAdams, HD....wow, 4 ball handlers + CVital. Vjackson, Polley, JDurham, & MD as a bruiser. What an athletic team they'll have w/o Diallo....with him? the sky's the limit. It would be fair to say next year might be KO's make or break year but either way, there be talent in the program.

Blades I remember that time well my man! We had true to the heart die hard huskies on our roster and that is what we have in the making now and next year with dudes already here and coming!

But this obviously will be a tough pill to swallow IF Hami decides elsewhere than Storrs CT for a year!

Reactions: the Blades
Hey any Husky faithful in NYC area going to make it to this announcement.... curious??

Are you oz? Any hints

You guys are too much putting Oz on the spot like that. My man has consistently said Diallo & his fam have a great relationship with KO but a kid is gonna do what a kid is gonna do. Diallo prob doesn't know for sure right now.

I love in Houston and if I was in the area of course I would go!

All who can make it should go and support!!

I love in Houston and if I was in the area of course I would go!

All who can make it should go and support!!
Do you also live in Houston?:p
My son may consider going to Rice. What can you tell me about the area around the school and the weather there? He likes to run and play basketball so he doesn't like extreme cold or heat. Up here in NY, cold is the problem. I suspect it gets pretty darn hot down there.

Do you also live in Houston?:p
My son may consider going to Rice. What can you tell me about the area around the school and the weather there? He likes to run and play basketball so he doesn't like extreme cold or heat. Up here in NY, cold is the problem. I suspect it gets pretty darn hot down there.

Hahha darn iPhone! Yea I live here.

Oh ok that's cool. Very good school Rice and expensive. But if he is getting a scholarship then I would strongly consider it. Of course depends on where else you are looking at.

Most of Houston Area is great especially the west rice village area. Weather for me is awesome. Yes it gets real hot and humid from like May thru September but livable unlike the snowy cold where you can't even drive at times. Let me know when you if you come down would definitely meet up with a fellow husky :)

Hahha darn iPhone! Yea I live here.

Oh ok that's cool. Very good school Rice and expensive. But if he is getting a scholarship then I would strongly consider it. Of course depends on where else you are looking at.

Most of Houston Area is great especially the west rice village area. Weather for me is awesome. Yes it gets real hot and humid from like May thru September but livable unlike the snowy cold where you can't even drive at times. Let me know when you if you come down would definitely meet up with a fellow husky :)
If Rice stays on the list, we will head down to visit and I will let you know. It would be nice to talk to someone that knows the area. Rice is indeed expensive but they do have a good endowment and a lot of financial aid, like a lot of the IVYs and Stanford. I like that they have a combined BD/MD program with Baylor's med school.

He canceled the Arizona visit right after visiting U.K. This was totally predictable.

Monk is UK's best player and a pro playing in college. He is one and done more than anyone in the nation and Calipari told Diallo the truth, which is that he can practice against Monk for a semester then take over for him next year, a better player for having done it. He also will not regress defensively playing in UConn's zone defense and will not be looked at as a savior but just another good guy.

All these posts that surmise there is some communal connection between Diallo and UConn and its staff and that he has some "loyalty" were laughable fantasy posts. His only loyalty should be to himself and furthering his career.

With the way he's handling this I'd be surprised if he didn't pick Kentucky...all I know is he better be pretty amazing to live up to his own hype

Blades I remember that time well my man! We had true to the heart die hard huskies on our roster and that is what we have in the making now and next year with dudes already here and coming!
But this obviously will be a tough pill to swallow IF Hami decides elsewhere than Storrs CT for a year!

Jacobs has a pretty good recap of the Diallo recruitment ( and the work by Uconn). He also mentions alot of quotes from his HS coach. I had heard Diallo was more of an athlete at this point and he couldn't shoot and some of this article covers my concerns with one and done's as I said above ...and then some regarding Diallo...I never got a good feeling or vibe with this kid, he seemed real guarded in his quotes like he had something to hide..

Jacobs: Diallo Headed To Kentucky, And UConn Shouldn't Be Surprised
Excerpts from Jacobs:
" it also would be a mistake to believe Diallo, the electric five-star recruit from Putnam Science Academy who announced on Saturday that he is enrolling immediately at Kentucky, would have saved UConn's season. He wouldn't have."

"Consistently making shots," Espinosa said. "His strength is when the game is up and down in the open court. When you get in the half court, slow the game down, that's when Hamidou struggles. With us, A. he'd take bad shots. B. he'd miss a lot of shots. "It's also maturity on the court. People ask me what are you going to do without Hamidou? We've been playing without Hamidou for the last two years. He has been in my doghouse at times. Discipline issues, he hasn't played. He has been in foul trouble a lot, missed half the game. We're used to playing without him. We are going to be fine."

" But at the same time, there's a lot of guys who are 6-5, 6-6 who are athletic who can't shoot. He has got to separate himself. He has taken too many days off, especially this fall with us, not getting better. He has so many tools, but he has to get so much better, work harder every day and be mentally tougher. "

But his coach still gives him props( he made Putnam alot of money in sponsorship's) "Hamidou has grown up a lot. From where he was when he came to us to where he is now is remarkable. I'm really proud of what he has become, but he still needs to continue to grow up and mature."

Reactions: CaNOLEE
Jacobs has a pretty good recap of the Diallo recruitment ( and the work by Uconn). He also mentions alot of quotes from his HS coach. I had heard Diallo was more of an athlete at this point and he couldn't shoot and some of this article covers my concerns with one and done's as I said above ...and then some regarding Diallo...I never got a good feeling or vibe with this kid, he seemed real guarded in his quotes like he had something to hide..

Jacobs: Diallo Headed To Kentucky, And UConn Shouldn't Be Surprised
Excerpts from Jacobs:
" it also would be a mistake to believe Diallo, the electric five-star recruit from Putnam Science Academy who announced on Saturday that he is enrolling immediately at Kentucky, would have saved UConn's season. He wouldn't have."

"Consistently making shots," Espinosa said. "His strength is when the game is up and down in the open court. When you get in the half court, slow the game down, that's when Hamidou struggles. With us, A. he'd take bad shots. B. he'd miss a lot of shots. "It's also maturity on the court. People ask me what are you going to do without Hamidou? We've been playing without Hamidou for the last two years. He has been in my doghouse at times. Discipline issues, he hasn't played. He has been in foul trouble a lot, missed half the game. We're used to playing without him. We are going to be fine."

" But at the same time, there's a lot of guys who are 6-5, 6-6 who are athletic who can't shoot. He has got to separate himself. He has taken too many days off, especially this fall with us, not getting better. He has so many tools, but he has to get so much better, work harder every day and be mentally tougher. "

But his coach still gives him props( he made Putnam alot of money in sponsorship's) "Hamidou has grown up a lot. From where he was when he came to us to where he is now is remarkable. I'm really proud of what he has become, but he still needs to continue to grow up and mature."
Thx Blades...excellent article & hopefully some of the Husky fans who think the program will cease to exist going forward will understand that he would not have been our savior. I don't even think the candy man averaged double digits for us his frosh year (maybe 8-9ppg off the bench?) different scenario, i know. But like you've said at nausium, we're not a program built for one-and-done's. and i don't want us to be. Sucked when AD left after one year. I got it, awesome for him. but i hated the fact that we would never see him at full potential. Let UK be UK. Let's see if they can win one this year. I guess it's great knowing each year you will be battling for a NC, but i dont think that's the way i'd want to do it. Guess it's easy for me to say that, sitting in a husky seat...

Reactions: the Blades
Thx Blades...excellent article & hopefully some of the Husky fans who think the program will cease to exist going forward will understand that he would not have been our savior. I don't even think the candy man averaged double digits for us his frosh year (maybe 8-9ppg off the bench?) different scenario, i know. But like you've said at nausium, we're not a program built for one-and-done's. and i don't want us to be. Sucked when AD left after one year. I got it, awesome for him. but i hated the fact that we would never see him at full potential. Let UK be UK. Let's see if they can win one this year. I guess it's great knowing each year you will be battling for a NC, but i dont think that's the way i'd want to do it. Guess it's easy for me to say that, sitting in a husky seat...

You don't want to be battling for a NC every year? I don't care how we do it but I would love to be battling for one every year.

Reactions: lonnie boyd
Absolutely rtack. Re-reading by comments I could have done a better job. I'm good with 1 or 2 one & dones...I like building something & don't think I would enjoy 1/2 as much going the UK route. That's just my feelings. I know the game/recruiting has changed & I'm flexible but I personally don't wanna have the same business model as UK. Just MHO.

I wouldn't call what they do "competing for a NC every year", they don't appear to be doing that this year, despite having a talented team that's fun to watch.

UK will definitely be in the hunt for the national championship this year, along with Kansas, UNC and Duke. They won at UNC and lost a close game at Louisville. I don't think anyone will want to play them in NCAA tourney but from what I have seen they have as good a shot to win as anyone. Their inexperience could be an issue in the tournament but they have a strong inside out game and are very good defensively.

They're too flawed, garbage in the half court. Beat UNC because UNC tried to run and Monk had a stupid game. I just don't see them beating a mature, well coached team who's hot in march.

Of course I could be wrong lol, they get Kansas at the end of the month, be a good test.

His motivation is that he is real and not spouting canned bullshit for the press like most high school coaches but telling it like it is. Probably is highly respected by a lot of people for doing so. The inmates DO NOT run the asylum.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT