ADVERTISEMENT

Diaco Press Conference: 10/6

Players were as on fire as they have ever been, not that it's been an issue.

The loss was a tough loss, painful, just like all three.

cuz of the way the games went and how hard everybody strains for 4 quarters.

Got on a normal schedule, graded tape.

(time to) use the information that we've collected to improve our team and be stronger.

Team is healthy. Mentally healthy too. Appropriate perspective of where we are at and what we can be.

We're a keep the points down outfit. It worked for a long time, but not for four quarters.

We had a good handle on what BYU did to produce points, and created a plan to eliminate that. Until we just had that lapsed moment.

Plays 1-88 look nothing like the last ten.

Defense: Felt good about the defense stopping their offense. In the middle of the fourth quarter. I actually talked to the defense.

I asked if we try this will you get a stop. OK then I'm gonna try it.

So we go out and we try the surprise spike, which was executed pretty nice,

but then the defense goes out and just like they said get a stop. 3rd and 9, the coverage is nicely put together and it's incomplete.

What should happen, what would you do?

You celebrate!

Adams kick.

We changed the name, #conFLiCT

I'm not sure it's a one man show, but it's all good.

Quintessential college football. Just trying to add some fun and energy to a football game. In conference, in a half of the conference.

It's a two minute ordeal, but after that it's the 58 minutes of football where the most prepared team is the one that's going to win.

After all the things that everyone's talking about, it doesn't last.

There's only one energy and one emotion that lasts for four quarters, and you can't create it on gameday. It's love, love of football.

No changes on the offensive line: I think they're doing a nice job.. Really growing, getting way better. They've come a long, long way.

Ron Johnson: based on some circumstances, there was a little bit of deceleration in the participation or overall energy for whatever reason. But I would say, I wouldn't read into (Arkeel Newsome playing more). Right now we're back to what is appropriate and that's both players getting the ball and getting opportunities to run the ball and let the game come to them.

Pass blocking by RB- it's not great. It's been an area that has been a liability.

That position has created a lot more pocket stress than the offensive line.

UCF: They have talented players. They have been playing in the conference for three years and only have two losses. They've produced the top recruiting class over and over and over again. They have a roster on paper of very talented players.

Coach O'Leary is one of the best coaches in the country for a long, long time.

Offense: Wherever it's appropriate to move the ball and produce points. There's been no conscious choice to save.

As time goes I'm less inclined to use a freshman. I don't want to waste anyone's year on a handful of reps, so that becomes a choice.

Bryant, Thomas, Beals, Herg, and McClean is who you'll see. (Not sure if he said Lucas...)

Offensive lack of production: It's any combination of things. They're way better. It's not even close. Bryant is doing a fantastic job, and he cares so much and he takes coaching and he works hard.

We're having conversations about dropping eyes, today we aren't.

Ball security is improved, there are holes in the run game when we need them, pass blocking is way better than 10 months ago. We played three great defenses in BYU, Navy and Missouri.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT