ADVERTISEMENT

Decommitment Update

aman kidwai

Staff
Apr 28, 2015
Honestly I'm surprised this became such a big story, recruits flip all the time. And a kid from South Jersey wanting to play in Philly at Temple with a program that's in better shape right now really isn't all that terrifying on the surface... but there was some understandable backlash from the fanbase after a post on Boneyard by Rob Saulin's father, Rob Saulin Sr., which further ignited the fury of the Husky fanbase.

Saulin Sr. reached out to me to clarify some things. The post has since been deleted from the Boneyard at his request.

"I thought (the post) was a clarification on the Boneyard in a response to the bashing of my son's decision to change colleges," he said, but clearly felt it was misinterpreted "My error shouldn't have impacted my kid as much as it has so far," he added.

"In the post I wrote I forgot an important word of 'about' when I said we asked the coaching staff. It made it seem like Rob's coaches did not give us an answer. Rob's coaches are the best, Brown and Pointdexter , absolute class acts."

One of the key issues stemming from his post was around whether Bob Diaco answered a call from his son. Mr. Saulin clarified that as well.

"Diaco never rejected my calls..... when I called the athletic department as a parent of a scholarship (recruited) athlete, that is where I got the hang ups and not transferring to Diaco.

"I wrote that article as I was reading about how my son was a loser, no integrity, a piece of garbage," he said. " I will learn to stay off the football sites."

Good idea.

Last edited:
Hi Aman, I'm pretty much done with the board but, I'd like to second that the parents of student/athletes should stay away from these boards at all costs since they are for entertainment and fan "nonsense" only. Which I advised Bryant Sherriffs dad of, in this thread a couple of years ago..... long before before he started his Uconn career and he obviously took my advice: N.C. State QB transfering to Uconn
Thanks for having the integrity to clear up a mess that you didn't start that was written on a rival site and good luck with this site in the future.

Yes, Temple is winning and UConn is not at the moment, so it's not a surprise a kid local to a Temple flipped. That's not a story. What is concerning is the dad made some pretty harsh accusations about how the UConn football coaches recruit and treat people. That is a story. Now he is backtracking, but the damage is done. Heck, the Journal-Inquirer ran a story today about these accusations.

Feel bad for the UConn coaches and his son.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT