ADVERTISEMENT

Dan Hurley - off season

As far as his comments on being very cautious with Akok- with all the bodies they have up front there is absolutely no need to rush Akok back into action. I would expect to see Polley back much sooner and Springs and Sanogo to see very significant minutes behind Carlton and Whaley. I would also not be surprised if Sanogo is starting at some point in the season and before Akok returns, which probably will be later in the season. Whether JBF redshirts or not will be an interesting decision that may be tied to Akok's progress. This is a very deep roster and there are lots of options as far as who to play and where to play them.

Reactions: the Blades
Mad props coach and thanks for understanding that when driving down that road named PLUR.... (Peace, Love, Unity and Respect) ...it should always be a 2 way street.

Last edited:
There was also some criticism of Dan Hurley's statement. I personally found it to be vague and platitudinous, but not really worthy of being criticized. This UConn Professor went further:

https://dailycampus.com/stories/202...ter-to-uconn-mens-basketball-coach-dan-hurley

Couple of factual inaccuracies in the Professor's article. He says"for someone who apparently had a reasonably good long-range shooting percentage as a college basketball player, you so badly missed the mark in your public statement here as a college basketball coach at one of the premier programs in the nation." Actually, Hurley was a career 29% 3 point shooter in college, which is not a reasonably good long range shooting percentage.

He suggests Hurley should hire more black assistant coaches. 2 of the 3 assistant coaches and 2 of the 3 student assistants are black. That's 4 out of 6. I think that is fair. Unless he thinks only blacks should be hired. I would contend Tom Moore is very qualified to be assistant coach at UConn.

Last edited:
This UConn Professor went further
At the end of the day it's all about works ...not words anyway...so how far or what has the privileged professor done ? .... besides trying to get his name in the press by running his mouth against a high profile coach ? .....BORING !

Last edited:
It seems like everything is in limbo for the UConn men and women. Sort of mirrors our Court system right now. All State and Federal jury trials in CT have been suspended since March 10 and there is no sign that they will resume any time soon. A trial I had scheduled next week in New Haven was postponed and rescheduled by the Court on March 23, 2021. That kind of gives you an idea on when the Courts think we will be back and up and running and making jurors come in.

It seems like everything is in limbo for the UConn men and women. Sort of mirrors our Court system right now. All State and Federal jury trials in CT have been suspended since March 10 and there is no sign that they will resume any time soon. A trial I had scheduled next week in New Haven was postponed and rescheduled by the Court on March 23, 2021. That kind of gives you an idea on when the Courts think we will be back and up and running and making jurors come in.
I guess some of Uconn's former AAC rivals have started to bring players back on campus:

Also some player updates, JBF still on hold getting to Storrs because of his Canada citizenship.

Coach Hurley was the "mystery guest" today on WFAN's "Moose and Maggie" program. I only heard the very end of interview but topics discussed included UConn return to Big East, UConn perfect testing rate on Covid negatives and possible impact of Covid on college basketball season. Hurley said the latest they can delay the start of the season is to late January. It seems like a delayed start is now being viewed as probable.

Coach Hurley was the "mystery guest" today on WFAN's "Moose and Maggie" program. I only heard the very end of interview but topics discussed included UConn return to Big East, UConn perfect testing rate on Covid negatives and possible impact of Covid on college basketball season. Hurley said the latest they can delay the start of the season is to late January. It seems like a delayed start is now being viewed as probable.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT