ADVERTISEMENT

D-Ham to declare for the draft

It makes sense to test his value and get feedback. I think he will end up coming back. He has main man player written all over him from what I saw in postseason play.

“He’ll definitely test,” his mother, Karen, said by phone on Thursday. “We think it’s kind of good, because you just don’t know where you stand. It’s kind of nice, because at least you can see what people think of you.”

Hamilton will not hire an agent, however, leaving open the possibility of returning to UConn next season. A new NCAA rule allows underclassmen to visit with as many NBA teams and take part in the NBA combine and still be able to return to school, as long as they don’t hire an agent. Players have until 10 days after the NBA combine (May 25) to withdraw their name from the NBA draft.

NH Register- UConn's Daniel Hamilton to test NBA draft waters

The one that used to have him as a 2016 lottery pick | NBADraft.net then changed him to a late 2nd rounder in 2017 now moved D-Ham up to #31 in 2017 as of yesterday..... Draft Express still doesn't like him ( ?) or Brimah much as 2017 picks ( #54 and #57 ) in their updated rankings....

The 2017 draft is loaded but if they are considered 2nd round picks, there obviously isn't much confidence right now in their prospects. I can kind of understand that with Brimah as he has no real offensive game and is so foul prone at the college level that it's very questionable whether he would have any level of defensive impact in the NBA (and he is weaker than Hasheem Thabeet who couldn't stick in the NBA as a defensive player).

Hamilton on the other hand is a much more intriguing pro prospect. They did have him at #6 at one point last year and I feel that he only needs to make a few improvements to really increasing his professional potential. I think the scouts do not like Hamilton's shooting stats on 3s or his overall FG%, but he is a better shooter than what his stats show, and improvements in strength and shot selection will soar his % on both 3s and 2s.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT