ADVERTISEMENT

Corey Evans on James Bouknight & Akok Akok

tcf_15

Mar 31, 2015
BasketballRecruiting.Rivals.com - Wednesday's Leftovers: Latest on Memphis, Indiana, Florida, more

On James Bouknight: "If I had to select one as the program to beat, UConn might be it. Much still has to play out in the coming weeks with Bouknight, and his visits to his finalists should clarify things further. However, the Huskies and Hoosiers are the ones to beat for one of the better shot-makers in the class of 2019."

On Akok Akok: "Give me Syracuse or UConn for Akok Akok. The four-star forward put together one of the better summers that a rising senior could ever dream of, but even before that his recruitment had risen, as some of the best programs in the Northeast had placed a heavy priority on him. The Orange and Huskies are not the only programs in the mix for the unique prospect, as Maryland, Georgetown and Providence are three others that may have a say with where Akok ends up. However, Syracuse and UConn gained some traction in the spring, and that momentum didn’t stall a bit in July. Look for visits to be set in the coming weeks with things coming down to the Orange and the Huskies. I might give the slight edge to the Huskies."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT