ADVERTISEMENT

Colgate

KhalidShockedTheWorld

Gold Member
Mar 28, 2009
They were 10-22 last year and they lost their exhibition game last week to Canisius, 85-67. Freshman 6'0" guard Jordan Burns led Colgate with 17 points against Canisius.

They were 10-22 last year and they lost their exhibition game last week to Canisius, 85-67. Freshman 6'0" guard Jordan Burns led Colgate with 17 points against Canisius.

Looks like they start a traditional line-up( guys they started in bold).. so it'll be interesting to see if KO wants to go small ball.. w/ 3 guards alot of the time.....
......returning players and stats from last year:
............................................... PTS/REB/ASST
6'6"/210... Sam Lindgren...........1.2 /0.3 /0.5
6'8"/205... Will Rayman.............14.6/4.6/1.0
6'9"/225.... Dana Batt..................1.8 /1.6/0.2
6'2"/190... Sean O'Brien.............12.5/2.4/4.1
6'2"/180... Francisco Amiel.........4.6/2.2/2.4

6'7"/210... Jordan Swopshire.......10.3/4.7/1.2
6'8"/220... Malcolm Regisford......7.9/7.3/1.1 (DNP vs. Canisius)
6'7"/215... Tom Rivard..................7.0/3.6/1.1 (DNP vs. Canisius)
6'3"/195... Jordan Robertson.......3.3/1.2/0.4 (DNP vs. Canisius)

Last edited:
KO said in his postgame presser after Queens College that he expects Colgate will play zone extensively. Given the way UConn shot the 3 ball in the exhibition games, that certainly should be expected. UConn still should be able to beat Colgate based on talent, size and depth even if they suck goat balls shooting the 3, but making some 3s never hurt anyone playing against a zone defense.

Last edited:
By the way the starting center for Colgate bolded by Blades was not exactly putting up great numbers with 1.8 points per game and 1.6 rpg and 0.2 apg. Even Phil Nolan gave better production than that. In fact nobody in the starting lineup averaged better than 4.6 rpg and with the numbers those 5 starters put up last year, they are gonna get crushed on the boards big time.

KSTW, That 6-9 kid had 12 pts/ 5 reb (in 20 min) in the exh. game you mentioned above. I'm just wonder what's up with the 3 guys I listed who didn't play in the game ???.... They're' all listed on Colgate's Roster and they all started games last year for them, one of them every game..... but if KO & Co. take care of their own jobs......

Last edited:
Maybe they are hurt or suspended? I went on the Colgate athletics website and they didn’t mention anything about it.

The offense in the first half was incredibly poor. Larrier looks like the only offensively talented player on the team. Gilbert doesn’t look to me like he should have been a high school All American. He can’t shoot at all, and isn’t smooth at all. He looks hopeless against a zone defense. Colgate is nothing special. Any real team would be up 25 on them at half.

Reactions: Dominicfrank
UCOnn actually being outshot 41-38%. They have to attack a basic zone defense better, this one isn’t anything special.

Gilbert will be fine. He played good defense.

I was encouraged, but we still give up way too many wide open 3s. Colgate missed 10 in the second half.

Larrier is James Harden like defensively, but he's a shot maker and should be a tough cover.

Anderson is a winning player.

We have some versatility up front. Cobb has to get in better shape, but like his ability to handle, pass and cheerlead from the bench.

The frosh class didn't have a lot of fanfare, but they look like they have a lot of upside.

Vital might be the odd man out.

All this without our best player.

Reactions: Afghusky15
Antoine Anderson was the best UConn guard on the floor tonight. Gilbert and Vital were no shows for this game. Gilbert was almost as horrible tonight as Larrier was against Providence, but he did play solid D. Still, 37% FGs against Colgate is uninspiring. Colgate actually outshot UConn. They lost the game on the boards.

The best players on the floor for UConn were Larrier, Polley and Whaley. Cobb and Anderson were contributors and not much from anyone else.

Same old hacks, same old message. This is a very young team. Gilbert has a brace on. Give the guy a break. He drove the middle and missed but he tried. He won't miss next time. Uconn is rebuilding from the ground up. Lot of good looking young talent. Wish we had Calhoun but we don't. At least we won. Need a lot of work. Think the team knows. The coaches better get their acts together.

Gilbert had 3 air balls tonight by my count. I did notice the shoulder brace but if he can't play with it, and shoots like that, hoisting embarrassing ABs and bricked finishes some of which did not touch rim, then he should not be out there. He did play some good defense but UConn shot 37% FGs against a very weak Patriot League team and ball movement was pretty much nonexistent. Gilbert was a nonfactor on offense and did help facilitate anything.

The real question Mark is not the players but the critics. If you don't like Uconn, go find another team to ridicule. Sick of your misleading uninformed comments.

Gotta love in season..... brings out more emotion and Husky fans who have been in hibernation... keep it going guys whether it's pro or con... we need more analysis, discussion, none of this drive-by stuff. If your gonna be a poster this board needs the traffic. Enlighten us with your BB knowledge, Uconn history, intricacies of the game, fundamentals, in-game over the top comments....etc.,etc. .either that or :D....buy a membership.....:D...( if you already haven't )...and help out the guys who are doing "the good work" to run this site ........

But welcome back all !!!

Last edited:
There ya go.... Meego tell everyone how you really feel .........KO haters need to leave.... just like she did..;) :

Kevin-Ollie-wife-Stephanie-Ollie-pics.jpg

Meego don’t hold back on how u really feel, anonymous posting can be therapeutic for you.

I don’t hate KO, I actually like him but this is a business in which all coaches are judged by the results. We all know it’s a young team. We all know that there is some talent here. I think most of us are willing to give it a chance and hope KO can succeed. But frankly this is UConn and we have high expectations for our team and the team has to perform well or he will lose his job. Another losing season isn’t acceptable. That is the bottom line.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT