ADVERTISEMENT

Coach K Bans Duke Team From Lockeroom and From Wearing Duke Apparel

They have all their guys, unlike UConn, but they lack a point guard, right now they lack Coach K (he is out with back surgery and Capel is coaching the team), and there seems to be a lack of leadership.

BTW I find it interesting that Coach K is playing these mind games and the reason why is Duke lost at home to NC State and Coach K likely was forced to watch that game from his bed in TV. What he witnessed was horrible defense by Duke on Dennis Smith Jr. who went to the hole whenever he wanted. Smith Jr. is up there with the Kentucky guards as far as best freshman guard in the country. Seems like a great kid too from his post game interview. But it's the same NC State that lost by 50 at UNC so Coach K was like WTF, how can UNC beat them by 50 at home and we can't beat them at home?

Coach K knew this team would struggle once they had to start playing in conference rod games and conveniently had surgery to dodge taking some Ls on his record. He's a great coach but he is one of the biggest poor sports in the game.

Reactions: Ozzie3178
I saw the first half against Wake Forest just now. Duke was awful especially on D! Repeated attacks to the rim by WF, mostly successful just like against NC State. I guess Duke's rim protector is out because their rim got flat assaulted. On offense I can see what the problem is with Grayson Allen. He takes terrible shots, and looks selfish. He was dribbling around and not beating his man who was playing physical on him and staying with him, so Allen was fading away from the contact and taking off balance jumpers, a la Daniel Hamilton during his midseason shooting slump last year. WF up by 10 at half. Childress is playing great for WF.

No rim protection on defense and no real point guard who can penetrate on offense is a recipe for an early round NCAA exit. Duke looks very overrated to me.

He is the best coach in NCAA, has been, continues to be. Ollie used to talk about playing for whats on the front of the uni.......K coaches that way every second.

I hate Duke but K is amazing, have a ton of respect for him. Ollie would be wise to take notes.

K is a whiny clown they can keep that shit at Duke, they're barely a top 25 team with 3 lottery picks and espn pimping their club for the past 20 years

Duke had to play zone defense to stop the WF rim attack in the second half and managed to hit a late 3 to win the game. Kennard had 30 in the second half and finished with 34 including the game winning 3. WF had last shot to win and missed.

Can't stand this overhyped weasel! He has gotten away with soft schedules and most of the calls in his favor his entire devilish career!

Can't wait until he vanishes for good!

Reactions: andersonfro
Wow Ozzie.....didn't see that one coming. I hate Duke but think the guy can flat out coach. compared to Calamari he is basketball Jesus.

Calamari is not a really good coach he stinks but K was taught by his godfather Bob Knight and can't stand him either!

To me Coach calhoun is better overall than them. Yea prolly biased but JC has done more with less than K and those in much tougher league/area.

Reactions: the Blades
yeah, agree, those listed are all WELL below K. Calhoun made his living with FAR less that Puke. calhoun was a complete A but he was ours and kids loved him....at least the kids with a sliver of hope did. Nate Miles would be making a living playing B-Ball if Calhoun was allowed to have coached the young man.

What happened with Calhoun is that when he rehabilitated Caron Butler he believed he could do it with every guy who had some trouble in his past and what he did not understand is that some guys are pure trouble, and they can't be rehabbed because trouble is part of who they are. Jerry Tarkanian was very similar, he did not care about any player's behaviors off the court as long as he could control them on the court, otherwise his attitude was live and let live. We demand better behavior from our athletes in 2017 then we did 30 years ago and that's a good thing, but guys should get second chances especially for offenses like BB gun shooting. Rashad Anderson was busted for impersonating Freddie Kruger, after all, and was punished and then never had another issue.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT