ADVERTISEMENT

CCSU Thread

Was hoping for better shooting. Central is really packing it in. I think we are 2 for 10 from three.

The Ferrari is out of the garage and seems to be riding fairly well. Not a totally smooth ride but not bad.

5-19 on 3s says no. UConn had wide open looks and wide open is wide open regardless of the opponent. Teams will keep zoning them when they shoot 5-19 on open looks

This team is creating much better against the zone then in previous years. The ball movement as a whole is getting much better

MCGoo -I agree that their execution against the zone was good and they got open looks, but didn't make enough of them. Those 3s have to start falling otherwise the execution to get those open looks is unrewarded.

I watched the UK Louisville game yesterday and Louisville also has a team that cannot make 3s. Teams can't get anything against Kentucky inside because of their size and length and unless you make 3s there is no shot of beating that team.

This post was edited on 12/28 5:12 PM by KhalidShockedTheWorld

I think Daniels was great against the Zone as the front man in the middle and shooting over it.

Originally posted by Dominicfrank:
I think Daniels was great against the Zone as the front man in the middle and shooting over it.
Daniels was pretty good against the zone when he was hitting his shots, but Hamilton is great against the zone even when he's not looking for or hitting his shot. He has great vision and instincts, something that is so rare to see in a true freshmen. He is absolutely comfortable in operating at the top of the key vs the zone and that is something that we have struggled mightily with for as long as I can remember.

How about that dribble drive where he spun back to his right and lobbed it up to Brimah for the slam?...that was beautiful

Brimah owes a majority of his alley oops to Mr. Hamilton and he should be treating him to some lunches in the Student Union to show his appreciation for all the D-Ham lobs that have and will continue to come his way.

Originally posted by Silk31:
Brimah owes a majority of his alley oops to Mr. Hamilton and he should be treating him to some lunches in the Student Union to show his appreciation for all the D-Ham lobs that have and will continue to come his way.
I agree but if AB's gonna do it right at the Student Union he's gotta go higher end at Chuck & Augie's, LOL !

Originally posted by the Blades:
Originally posted by Silk31:
I agree but if AB's gonna do it right at the Student Union he's gotta go higher end at Chuck & Augie's, LOL !
hahaha I actually made the same reference to Chuck & Augies to my fiance (also a UConn grad) during the game.

DHam keeps feeding Brimah on the court so it's only right Amida rescinds the favor off the court

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT