ADVERTISEMENT

CBS reports... Ollie says no to OKC

Take a hike Woj and Zagoria. Amazing that KO needs to make a formal statement yesterday and then address this again today to specify because these media members can't accept that they were wrong.

KO wouldn't have left UConn in this fashion, no way, no how and now let's go out there and turn this OKC interest into a recruiting positive

Courant story:

Kevin Ollie, Agent Confirm Again Coach Staying Put At UConn

"Everybody has their sources," Ollie said Thursday at 12:30 p.m., via Twitter, "but this is the only source I need. #FamilyFirstAlways. #UConnluv."
And he included an instagram photo of the the Bible. That was Ollie's way of chiding the media's use of unnamed sources to link him to the Thunder job."

Ollie's agent said on Thursday that stories claiming he was still in the running for an NBA job were made up. Bill Neff, Ollie's agent, told The Courant via e-mail: "Was there ever a consideration? The story was made up."

Last edited:
What's going to happen now is that the rumors will heat up on Donovan and Hoiberg and they will have to issue refuting statements, a la Ollie, or have those rumors harm their recruiting. I wonder if Donovan and Hoiberg will handle this the same way Ollie did, or whether they will dance for a while.

I hate Adrian.....and yahoo as a whole.

Glad Ollie said what he did proving this a-hole is scum and just makes stuff up.

Great to see him stick to his guns and stay with us. He is loyal to the university and would not jump ship after not qualifying for the NCAA tournament after winning the entire thing the year prior. He is a great coach and hopefully will lead the Huskies to some more rings!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT