ADVERTISEMENT

Casey Cochran's FB career over and Boyle's to resume

the Blades

Gold Member
Jan 20, 2003
@Desmond Conner[/B]
" https://twitter.com/desmondconner/status/509065092840058880Family decision Casey Cochran to give up the sport due to multiple concussions."

"I've known Jack Cochran, Casey's dad, for over 20 years. I've never heard him more devastated
about anything than today's news..."

Tim Boyle's redshirt waste last year by Pasqualoni is even more problematic. I can't see how they can gain
his RS back with only 2 scholly QB's that are eligibly to play, being left on Uconn's roster .....

This post was edited on 9/10 6:59 AM by the Blades

Re: Casey Cochran's FB career over

"Cochran has had multiple concussions over his career. youth, high school and in college."

"It is a tragedy with Cochran. Cochran proved he could play at this level, and, now can't. 461 yards (set a Uconn one game passing
record last year) is his legacy. Cochran's a smart kid. Has his father's coaching brains, and a much better temperament. He's
going to be a good coach."

Jack Cochran: "We knew one more concussion would be his last" on his son Casey who has discontinued football today.

This post was edited on 9/9 8:04 AM by the Blades

Very sad. He was the best QB on the roster, and it must be very tough for him, and it is a tough loss for the team. Had he not had these concussions I think he would have been very good.

I'd think they'd almost have to groom Tim Boyle right now for the top QB spot, he's the future, 6-4 215 but
totally unprepared to be thrown in last year by Pasqualoni only 1+ month after he entered college. Especially
with the weak OL play, so it was a total waste. But he was a bigtime recruit and former BC commit/flip when Addazio
came in and changed away from pro-style. Also had offers from Florida, Pitt and Cuse with Oregon making a late push.
It would seem the time is now since they are down to only 2 scholly QB's anyway and with Whitmer also having a history
of concussions thanks to George DeLeone turning Uconn's once strong OL into a clusterfu@k in less than 2 years.
This post was edited on 9/9 9:11 AM by the Blades

The OL has to play better, we just can't have all the QBs racking up concussions. I agree on Boyle, honestly I would start him over Whitmer and use this as a building year, and hope the OL can protect him. Whitmer is too inaccurate and mistake prone and he should only start in an emergency situation.

A look at their 2013 Stats
Boyle (0 Td's 8 int/ 44 comp pct.) was even worse than Whitmer last year but I agree on a building year KSTW.
Like in hoops you have to play the guy who has the most upside given the situation with Casey gone. I also read
that Casey will stay on full scholarship and like his Dad:

"A silver lining in this matter is that Casey has an interest in pursuing a career in coaching," coach
Bob Diaco said in a statement. "We can now accelerate his development in that area as he transitions
from a player role to a mentor role as he continues to serve the team."

UConn QB Casey Cochran Quits Football Due To Concussions

SNY- Boyle will play against Boise State
" The best plans are always constructed at the whims of fortune. UConn's desire for Tim Boyle to sit out a year as
a redshirt ended two games into the season. With Casey Cochran's career done because of concussions, and no other
quarterbacks on the roster, the Huskies are going to use Boyle as a backup against Boise State and for the rest of the
year in tandem with Chandler Whitmer."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT