ADVERTISEMENT

Buffalo at UConn

KhalidShockedTheWorld

Gold Member
Mar 28, 2009
Line started at UConn -6, so bettors took note of the thrashing UConn gave to FAU.

Buffalo has beaten UMass, Lafayette and (impressively) 23-20 over NIU, which beat Notre Dame and was ranked #23 nationally. Buffalo's loss was by 38-0 at Missouri.

Reportedly Buffalo's defense is very good, but supposedly so was FAU's, so we will see what happens.

Last edited:
Reactions: the Blades
It's GAME DAY, but as we all know and DB hints at. Getting props from other coaches are nice but it's about the work.....and make sure you......DON'T DRINK the KOOL-AID ......men !

Last edited:
Zanetto was talking about this tweet on his preview Podcasf. It just means the NIL and transfer portal can make a big difference. But don't sip too much Kool Aid.

23-3 UConn at half after out gaining Buffalo 233 to 82 in total yards. Looked pretty good but I think some adjustments are coming. Also looks like Evers is out again after being hit which may be a recurring problem.

Logan Ryan (ex Patriots CBSSN analyst) thinks UConn's offense is better with Fagnano at QB.
"Yeah... he needs work and reps for his passing accuracy ( according to Mora). Evers got better last night. I think Fagnano is a better passer right now.."...my post from:

Last edited:
Regardless of whether Fagnano is more advanced passing, Evers isn't instilling me with confidence that he will be able to stay on the field. He is an excellent RPO QB, and threw a couple of awesome pitches to Robinson and Edwards, but when he runs he takes lots of hits. He also multiple times took hits after giving himself up and Buffalo's defense was borderline dirty on several plays. One play he got hurt with the guy using his hands and not his head which is legal. All of this falls under the "this shit is going to happen in college football" category. Anyway Fagnano has to stay ready!!!! And QB #3!

Last edited:
Zanetto did a live podcast post-game and was praising OC Gordon Sammis, DC Matt Brock and RB Coach Antonio Wilcox. He demanded an immediate raise for Wilcox and I would tend to agree. At age 28 Antonio has suddenly unleashed a stable of UConn RBs who all look great. This is a completely new development. 5.6 yards per carry today is getting it done! OL is great and that's a big reason why. 1 sack allowed all year are you kidding me?

Zanetto's comp on Skylar Bell is Jamarr Chase because of his ability to run after the catch. Funny but Logan Ryan on CBSSN said Bell reminds him of Stephon Diggs. Regardless of which comp we go with, Bell is going to be an NFL draft pick. Chase Lundt I have heard is a top 10 tackle in the country and the NFL is looking at him seriously.

Of course Zanetto is still souping up the Big 12 and saying Brett Yorrmark is sending updates on UConn to all the Big 12 ADs skeptical of UConn. LOL. I think he should let that go.

Shout out to all of these coaches. I can tell you guys who were at the game that Matt Brock was extremely intense on the sidelines throughout the game and the CBSSN was showcasing that intensity. Their cameraman is still getting faked out constantly, however.

It's hard for me to say who took the worse spanking from UConn, FAU or Buffalo, but I am going to say Buffalo because the UConn defense had the Buffalo QB and their offense confused all game and in reverse at times. I kind of think UConn's 3-3-5 wasn't even necessary, their QB if you look at his stats he is not a passing threat at all. The only bright spot for Buffalo was their LB Murdock who is a very good player. There is a spot for him at UConn if he wants to hit the portal after this season.

• Haha
Hey Blades one question: in the pregame there was some kind of fight or scuffle and they played some tape of it. I was in my kitchen preparing my game tea so I only caught the end of the clip and it looked like an enraged Mora had to be restrained from going after someone. I never saw him so fired up. What happened????

I didn't see it but heard about a "fight" from some friends up in the club seats. ( I guess it wasn't really a fight) Happened way early @ around 10:30 AM. I did hear Mora talk about it on ESPN radio after the game. He said it was "bush league" and he was proud that his team stayed cool and didn't fall into the nonsense.

They showed tape right before the game started and I saw Mora being restrained and was wondering what happened. I have never seen anything like this in sports do anything other than light a match under the opposing team.

It reminds me of my freshman year in high school watching the Fairfield Prep freshman football team play a middle school team in another town. I happened to know players on the other team including the player involved in the antics. I was on the sideline with the FP team (I was not on the team and never played football). The player in question was a LB on the other team who crossed the middle of the field and said, "we are going to kick your asses like they never been kicked before", and assorted other taunts and abusive comments. He crossed the field alone, and got within 30 feet of us. I think his number was 55. Anyway, I was shocked by the unprovoked provocation. Nobody on our side said anything to them. I then heard two of FP's offensive lineman, conferring on a play to run in 55's direction and coordinate a joint block on him. They then executed the play to perfection and he was down on the ground for a long time before he got up. FP went on to win the game which was a close contest. The team they played was pretty good and the freshmen on that team, when they became seniors at the town high school, went 11-0 and were State Champions. The FP team when they became seniors went 10-1 and were MBIAC Champions, their only loss coming to St. Joseph's which they avenged by beating St. Joseph's in the MBIAC Championship game.

Last edited:
  • Wow
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT