ADVERTISEMENT

UConn vs Delaware State

KhalidShockedTheWorld

Gold Member
Mar 28, 2009
The line is UConn -32. As was mentioned elsewhere, this team lost by 10 at Villanova. However they also lost by 38 at Virginia Tech and by 5 at Columbia. Their only win is over Immaculata so no D-1 wins so far. I would like to see AJ get more minutes today after his brief but very eventful minutes Friday night. I am also hoping Donovan can show a little better security with the ball and keep it high.

5pm @ the XL Center - TV- FS1

.....looks like State has their own version of the twin towers-

click image:
OOC-5-DEL-St-2022-23-stats.jpg

Donny is 100% correct: this is the best team UConn has had since 2010-11, talent/depth wise. They now need to develop the same defensive chemistry as the 2011 national champions.

Better shooting night (43%) from 3.... @ the XL, hope Newton is OK, looked like a slight groin pull, they can be tricky. But as bad as it sounds this would be better..... other than that Win, get AJ under control and on to the PKI....

Last edited:
The XL Center rims were softened up and today both UConn teams took advantage.

Continued stellar play from the freshman Karaban and Clingan who are giving UConn more than it could have reasonably expected. Both play relatively mature for their ages and understand how to play. 26 points from the 2 of them today.

I am liking what I am seeing from Joey C. The first couple games I thought his handle was sloppy in transition and he wasn't very good defensively, but since then it's become apparent that he is a heady player, a good shooter and a very good passer, and he can also score creatively in transition using the glass. He just has to try to not do too much handling and he will be an excellent guy to come in off the bench. UConn hasn't had a bench player like him in a while who can not only stroke 3s, but also really helps move the ball around and gets it to the right people. He had 6 assists today in 19 minutes to go with 6 boards and 11 points.

Last edited:
By the way 25 assists as a team today. That's a total we rarely see from the men, just the women who play the fundamental team game as Geno demands. Can't even remember the last time a UConn mens team had 25 assists. GREAT WORK HUSKIES!!!!!!

Reactions: the Blades
The one thing I got out of the presser was that Hurley did not seem to like the defense of the guard group today. He also said it will be interesting to watch how Joey C will be defensively in these next few games against much better competition. On that note, I think Alleyne is the best defender in the guard group unless you include AJ as part of the group and not a point forward. Diarra is probably next best after those 2 and the best matchup for the small waterbug guards. If UConn plays Michigan State their PG is a really good player who killed Kentucky this past week at the end of that game and they may need Diarra to check him (hopefully).

ADVERTISEMENT