ADVERTISEMENT

boat was not

northdakotahusky

Nov 27, 2010
A leader tonight. He really got caught up in trash talking. He definitely played hard, but I saw some things I didn't love.

Originally posted by northdakotahusky:
A leader tonight. He really got caught up in trash talking. He definitely played hard, but I saw some things I didn't love.
Yeah to much wasted energy ........ I think he wore himself down.....besides what pressure did to him, gotta calm
down and lead.....

I read it differently guys. I loved the fight and thought he was the reason we didnt lose by 30. I love his passion, the others need to follow his lead. The lack of all out balls to the way effort is what guys like Facey, Nolan, Purvis, Cassell havent shown once and WVU made that look even worse. WVU was all passion and it beat us.

Hamilton alone could have won the game BTW by not turning the ball over, that was REALLY bad but I like his game and really think he will be special. I am not mad at him or this team at all, this will be good for us.

Originally posted by raninab:
Does he usually act like that?
Of course not, did you watch Uconn's Championship run last year ? give Huggins credit
he had 3-4 guys in and out of his line-up shovin', scratchin' and mouthin' off to Boat all over the court,
which got in his head....Then Huggins' whined like it a little girl to the refs every time a foul was called
against him like he had a bunch of alter boys out there, so he worked the refs to get away with it......
it's called frustration when your the smallest guy on the court....at about 5-10 160 lbs and you end up
in a FB game......

Boat has got to be smarter than falling for that stuff and let his game do the talking instead of his mouth,
like Napier did last year.....So chalk it up to a good game plan by Huggins....that's why he has over 700 wins..

This post was edited on 11/24 9:08 AM by the Blades

well put Blades...Huggy Bear has been around the block and like it or not, his tactics worked. Not overly concerned and saw some good...Facey.

Not to be outdone by his 700+ wins, Huggy Bear tipped the scales at around the same mark. Just be thankful he wasn't wearing a polo.

Originally posted by the Blades:
Originally posted by raninab:
Does he usually act like that?
Of course not, did you watch Uconn's Championship run last year ? give Huggins credit
he had 3-4 guys in and out of his line-up shovin', scratchin' and mouthin' off to Boat all over the court,
which got in his head....Then Huggins' whined like it a little girl to the refs every time a foul was called
against him like he had a bunch of alter boys out there, so he worked the refs to get away with it......
it's called frustration when your the smallest guy on the court....at about 5-10 160 lbs and you end up
in a FB game......

Boat has got to be smarter than falling for that stuff and let his game do the talking instead of his mouth,
like Napier did last year.....So chalk it up to a good game plan by Huggins....that's why he has over 700 wins..

This post was edited on 11/24 9:08 AM by the Blades
That's cute....your team got punched in the mouth, but Huggs "whined like a little girl". Ollie looked more like the little girl in this scenario lol. Outcoached.

Originally posted by smooter:

That's cute....your team got punched in the mouth, but Huggs "whined like a little girl". Ollie looked more like the little girl in this scenario lol. Outcoached.
Shocker, you don't think your coach whined the entire game to the refs. Every coach does champ. Your board is that way ------------->

Originally posted by Longstrangetrip:

Shocker, you don't think your coach whined the entire game to the refs. Every coach does champ. Your board is that way ------------->
Of course...Calhoun was one of the best at it. Ollie still got outcoached.

Reading comprehension problem... I've called him a good coach......but the truth is the truth.......you don't
like the whining reference...get over it.....all the great ones get away with it (yes even Calhoun) ..... I could have
used "whaled away like a walrus ", which might have been a more accurate description, but then you would
get offended by the fat guy jokes.

This post was edited on 11/24 12:08 PM by the Blades

.Reading comprehension problem... I've called him a good coach......but the truth is the truth.......you don't
like the whining reference...get over it.....all the great ones get away with it ..... I could have used "whaled
away like a walrus ", which might have been a more accurate description, but then you would get offended
by the fat guy jokes.

This post was edited on 11/24 12:05 PM by the Blades
I guess that's what happens when you lose...relegated to making fat guy jokes lol. Maybe that's what ollie was doing before the game. working on his fat guy jokes instead of a game plan.

I guess that's what happens when you lose...relegated to making fat guy jokes lol. Maybe that's what ollie was doing before the game. working on his fat guy jokes instead of a game plan.
I didn't lose anything I'm just a fan and Ollie has way more class than that....and we've actually had some pretty
good conversation on this board despite a couple of jabs at Boat from some WVU fans...so you happen to be the
exception......but anyway I hope your happy with " your Win"... thanks for your interest in the Uconn Report.

This post was edited on 11/24 12:29 PM by the Blades

I didn't lose anything I'm just a fan and Ollie has way more class than that....and we've actually had some pretty
good conversation on this board despite a couple of jabs at Boat from some WVU fans...so you happen to be the
exception......but anyway I hope your happy with " your Win"... thanks for your interest in the Uconn Report.

This post was edited on 11/24 12:29 PM by the Blades
Calm down man just some innocent trolling. I actually rooted for you guys in the tourny last year. Good luck the rest of the season.

Calm down man just some innocent trolling. I actually rooted for you guys in the tourny last year. Good luck the rest of the season.
Back at ya, we all can play the game but it's a waste....so good luck to Huggy and the boys too.

Not trolling here.

It's in Boatright's scouting report that his temper gets the better of him. Our guys came out of the locker room talking trash to him, and didn't let up the whole night.

We have players from some of the roughest areas in America on our roster, and they are tough...... and can dish it out when need be.

For the record, the foul ratio favored WVU by one foul................. so let's not talk about poor officiating benefiting one team over the other.

Originally posted by KeatonsCorner:
Not trolling here.

It's in Boatright's scouting report that his temper gets the better of him. Our guys came out of the locker room talking trash to him, and didn't let up the whole night.

We have players from some of the roughest areas in America on our roster, and they are tough...... and can dish it out when need be.

For the record, the foul ratio favored WVU by one foul................. so let's not talk about poor officiating benefiting one team over the other.
provide link to scouting report

Originally posted by KeatonsCorner:
Not trolling here.

It's in Boatright's scouting report that his temper gets the better of him.
Yeah you are......your team won a game not the National Championship...haven't you sniffed around enough already.
....do your tough scary guys have horns
evilgrin0003.r191677.gif
and a spare too ! God this is so childish ! We've discussed Boat's
flaws and improvements ad nauseam on this board for over 3 years but this is a new challenge for him to deal with...
So WVU did him a favor.... it should help him and Uconn in the long run....so run along ....
This post was edited on 11/24 6:03 PM by the Blades

Boat let his emotions get the best of him. As the pg of this team, his job is to direct his team to a win, not making AndOne plays and talking trash. He should know the ultimate trash talk is cutting down the nets in April.

Wvu fans, you guys have a gritty athletic club. Good luck this year. Hopefully we get a rematch in March when our kids grow up.

Canolee..... I've pretty much said the same thing above at the very top of this thread... he has a big opportunity this year not
playing with Napier for the first time in his career. Bazz brought the leadership before but now when Boat looks around
he's gotta understand he's the leader.

This game will give him plenty to work on going forward.( but it wasn't all on him, you can't have 0-5 from Purvis,
8 TO's by the freshman Daniel Hamilton or shoot 50% on team FT's
) Here's a pre-season report from
Draft Express that hits on some of the flaws we've all talked about on this board, but he improved on some during
the NC run....part of the the problem to me is he has elite athleticism to a fault in a small sized body, which makes
him think he can always challenge players with it...he still doesn't and may never have the vision, lights out shooting
and elite BB IQ of Napier (which makes the 2 as PG's the exact opposites) ..... but read away:

Draft Express- Ryan Boatright

"With the departure of Shabazz Napier and Boatright's change in role in the UConn offense, he will have every
opportunity to disprove the question marks surrounding his shot-selection and decision making abilities."
This post was edited on 11/25 7:16 AM by the Blades

I love the WVU fans coming over.......it gets the juices flowing. I think WVU has a very good team that reminds me so much of Huggins Cinci teams.

I loved Boat getting amped and think it was the WRONG thing to do. It wasnt him that didnt have a good game, it was the new guys who folded. His FT's were effected but I loved his fight back and he won that battle if you ask me. If they left him alone he might have folded but he lead this team back to a fight in the second half.

As for coaching, Ollie got slapped around by Huggins. Ollie was 95% yelling at his team while Huggins was yelling at the refs but that is because Huggins has a team of older kids and he doesnt NEED to coach them up, he needs to make sure the whistles benefit his better athlete's which is did. Ollie needs to coach his ass off this year with a VERY young team. I think WVU will be a tough out in the tourney as will UCONN.

Let me say something now that I have watched the game again......The WVU assistant coaches are a bunch of punks. I admitted earlier that Huggins outcoached Ollie in the game and I stand by that but the assistant coaches were obnoxious th whole game and themselves yelling and egging on Boatright.......that is bush-league and needs to be pointed out. Look no further then right before the end of the fisrt half when Boat gets boxed in and fouled on his shot, this is the one where he misses both FT's.....watch the a$$ WVU coaches during the whole sequence.

No doubt, blades. I'm sure the wvu guys were going at him extra hard since he was a one time commit. They won the battle, but Boat has a ring and he has to learn from this so he can win the war at the end of the year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT