ADVERTISEMENT

Back from spring break... to spring practice- updates

As always, thanks Blades. I know this past year was worse than dreadful, but coming off hoops season I already getting pumped up for pigskin season. Next step is 6-6, but maybe not a bowl invite due to league affiliation. So, looks like 2016 is an 8-4 year with our 1st bowl in 5 years...just some tongue and cheek stuff but i'm anxious to see how the offense runs with the new OC and a year under their respective belts.

I think at some point, we have to do a few things to get recruits attention:

1) get a commit from one of the top CT hs players who spurns some of the big boys. Heck, even BC is a big boy now relative to us.

2) Look like we're having fun on offense. Gotta be able to attract a high caliber qb and receivers. It's a must.

3) Win a big non league game. Need to show we have staying power and can play with the likes of TN, Missou, etc. I know we're probably no where near that level but, as you say Blades, we don't have the luxury of having time on our side. I'll take Navy at this point, but we need to knock off someone solid and make hs players notice.

4) GET THE HELL OUT OF THE AAC :)

Originally posted by Shaggydog84:

4) GET THE HELL OUT OF THE AAC :)
+1000.....No disrespect to the teams in this conference( there are some pretty good FB teams)...but the demotion
out of the "BCS".... while no longer being aligned with the leverage /rule makers and financial turmoil plus perception
to this AD is like being a hit over the head with a 2 X 4......Especially when you look at what Uconn FB did
in such a short time ( 5 bowls, 2 BE Championships including a BCS bowl in the first 7 years as a full D-1A program
in the Big East )...Cuse, Rutgers and Pitt had nothing on this AD/ program..(then along came Pasqualoni).... here's
hoping the B1G is looking to add markets for it's upcoming TV contract......
This post was edited on 3/26 6:37 AM by the Blades

April 2nd - Searching ... Searching ... No UConn Starting QB Yet

" Note to future opponents: don't make the mistake of tagging quarterback Bryant Shirreffs as one dimensional.
Junior Tim Boyle has a strong arm and has looked much sharper and quicker than last season. Freshman
Tyler Davis can unload it, too.. "[Shirreffs] can definitely make all the throws," Diaco said. "I could probably talk
about some separation right now, but I'm not going to because it's pretty close. After Friday, we'll create some
separation. We're pleased with all three."

April 2nd- NHR- Observations from UConn's Dog Pound practice

CBmuukTUsAASNKV.jpg:large

This post was edited on 4/3 10:38 AM by the Blades

SNY Report from John Silver- : Shirreffs edges ahead at quarterback
"Bryant Shirreffs has separated from Timmy Boyle, who (both) have separated from Tyler," head coach Bob Diaco said
Thursday. "Competition is still ongoing as it relates to Bryant and Tim. They've separated significantly from Tyler. "

* At left guard, Tommy Hopkins has moved into the left guard slot and Trey Rutherford, a sophomore, is headed to
right tackle as a backup to Andreas Knappe.

* A riser at corner is rising junior Jhavon Hadley, who is in the mix to start at corner. The corner position is competitive at
UConn, Jhavon Williams and Jamar Summers are the incumbents with John Green and Hadley the next two.
This post was edited on 4/10 10:36 AM by the Blades

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT