ADVERTISEMENT

Auburn

andersonfro

Aug 16, 2006
Great ball movement by Auburn early for easy looks, uconn's easy looks off the break. Some drunk guy tearing into Kevin from the crowd.

This is an absolute disgrace. The walk-up style, halfcourt sets that dont work at the high school level.

The only thing to look forward to with UCONN basketball is the firing of Kevin Ollie.
Everything rides on the decision by this administration for the next coach.
At this point UCONN will not be invited back to the Big East.
We are outclassed in every way against Auburn. Auburn

Basketball is more than effort, it is a skill game.
We have none

Ashamed and all I want for Christmas is for this program to be turned around.
Happy holidays all

On the one hand I feel for the players because they're Huskies & deserve better, on the other I recognize that KO is a class A moron who couldn't coach a jv team so every embarrassment is one game closer to this fool getting his walking papers. Why is Whaley not playing every minute? That kid would probably transfer if Kevin didn't get dumped.

Yeah but...complaining about the officiating is like complaining about a lack of wind when you don't even have a sail

No doubt ander.

I can't stand Pearl, but if you traded him for Ollie in sept, we'd be up by 30.

Don't let the mustache see January. His present Monday from the university should have a pink slip in it.

Reactions: andersonfro
"Hey assistant coach, you're gonna get fired too!" Lolololol

Someone fly this guy back to Connecticut

Andersonfro what kind of name is that. Little rough around the edges. Maybe you should go with the other team you are routing for. Uconn is a winning franchise. No losers allowed. Even the announcer gave credit to Ollie and the difficult road ahead. Let's fire everybody, the coaches, the players and the moronic fans. is that what you want you idiot?

You CAN NOT defend Ollie. you can hope he turns it around but you CAN NOT defend him or his team. He has failed in all areas.....

Either he is a terrible coach or a terrible recruiter. I'd take the second because my owner says " you must have smart because it hard to change the opposite"

I would agree with Dom. The last two seasons have been an abject unequivocal failure. The team hasn’t really been competitive at all in games against good high major teams. This team isn’t good enough to play in postseason or beat anyone who is halfway good and this should be crystal clear by now to anyone who has watched all the games. I had rooted for KO to turn things around but it really doesn’t look like it will happen. The chances that KO gets fired go up with every game. KO getting fired is at this point much more likely than any kind of turnaround.

To answer Dom it has been a failure of both recruiting and coaching. But it really doesn’t matter how much is one or the other. If the bottom line result is failure it’s failure no matter how it’s explained.

No doubt ander.

I can't stand Pearl, but if you traded him for Ollie in sept, we'd be up by 30.

Don't let the mustache see January. His present Monday from the university should have a pink slip in it.

Before the season began I said he'd be gone by January, but watching a clueless Chillious sitting next to thim these last weeks has reminded me that there is no mid season alternative.

I love the jc speculation but what a gamble that'd be, why would anyone agree to let him end his career on kids he didn't recruit or build a relationship with before he comes in barking motherf***kers at them?

Reactions: CaNOLEE
Andersonfro what kind of name is that. Little rough around the edges. Maybe you should go with the other team you are routing for. Uconn is a winning franchise. No losers allowed. Even the announcer gave credit to Ollie and the difficult road ahead. Let's fire everybody, the coaches, the players and the moronic fans. is that what you want you idiot?

Don't care what you say, I love you. It's way passed impressive that you can defend an unprepared patriot league point guard running pick n rolls for bricks AND the guy putting him in that position. I know it's passion talking. Go Huskies

Reactions: Shaggydog84
Let JC have his Bill Snyder moment. Worse Case scenario is he rubs off on Diarra, Vital, Gilbert(wishful), Polley, Wiley, Carlton and Sid the kid.

And then the next coach can win a ship with these guys in two years.

A little Uconn hyperbole, K99.

However, was anyone predicting '11 and '14? I realize we had the best guards/players in the sport both years, but IF Gilbert can stay healthy, I think he has a good chance to be better than Bazz. He just can't stay healthy.

Gilbert probably will not play again this year and is headed for another shoulder surgery so he isn't worth bringing up. The games are played by the guys you have. In 2014 UConn did not have much left of Omar Calhoun and ultimately benched him, and that is when they started playing better. The 2014 team was more of a surprise than the 2011 squad. The 2011 squad had not only the best player but tremendous interior defenders, all of whom could rebound and block shots. They won Maui in blowout fashion over Kentucky and looked like they could be the best team in the nation heading into Big East play, but the Big East was tough that year and UConn did not perform up to its talent level and lost a bunch of games they should have won. But they still had a pretty good team. The 2014 team was a 7 seed primarily because of the AAC and a blowout loss to Louisville at the end of the year, in reality they should have been a top 4 or 5 seed. I think it is highly inappropriate to compare this year's team to either 2011 or 2014. This is a smaller team with less talent and no real big guards who can defend. They have also been very consistently bad, since the opening exhibition game. They have not played well one single game this year.

Last edited:
When did I compare this years team to either '11 or '14?

My point is I like the young talent on the team as long as they have a good staff to develop them. Currently, they do not. Ollie is a better GM, than he is a coach imo. But he isn't a good enough recruiter to hide his deficiencies. K or the Squid wouldn't be either.

I agree that the talent appears to be better than the level they have played to so far, but it’s also not at the same level as past UConn teams.

Think about the fact that guys transferred out of playing time, who does That? 3 players, completely unheard of, that's how you know it just doesn't matter who they get in here to play.

Transfers are a problem, the kids that are recruited are a problem and their complete lack of development is a problem.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT