ADVERTISEMENT

and so it begins.....(AAC scores/news)

Today's observations....

*Temple in a workmanlike effort over Auburn ( Uconn's got AU in DEC) this afternoon looked better than their #7 pre-season AAC ranking

* Dunleavy may have upgraded the talent @Tulane #10 ( he brought in UNLV -Vandy transfers) I watched them dominate Colorado St. 80-53, they can score ( averaging 90 ppg) .They also beat LSU in a pre-season match-up...... could move up this year in the AAC......

* Houston looks worse than the #6 (AAC ranking) as they choked down the stretch vs Drexel after leading most of the game..They seem like a team of Rob Gray (37 pts) and not much else or much height either.

Last edited:
ECU goes down to the Blue Devils....not Duke......Donyell's....CCSU Blue Devils.... while he sits this one out ...(Central was 0-3 though they did only lose to Steve Pikiell's Rutgers team 71-67)..... what's going on with JC's coaching tree ???

Last edited:
Auburn has several players suspended due to federal corruption probe, Assistant Coach Chuck Person is also suspended and Bruce Pearl has been told to cooperate with a school probe or he will be fired. He had initially not cooperated, presumably due to fear of the Feds adding other defendants. It is a big mess for that team and they need to circle the wagons or implode, usually one or the other happens.

Story from the AAC- Temple Takes Charleston Classic Title; Tulane, UConn Remain Unbeaten & Houston Knocks Off Wake Forest

SUNDAY Scores-
Wake Forest 73 - Houston 78 in the fifth-place game of the Paradise Jam ---- . Recap- Box Score
Illinois State 84 - Tulsa 68----- . Recap- Box Score
Boston University 66 - UConn 85 ---- Recap- Box Score
USF 53 - Indiana 70 ---- Recap -Box Score
Fordham 55 - Tulane 63 in the Jamaica Classic ( no championship game)---- Recap- Box Score
Clemson 60 - Temple 67, to win the Charleston Classic ---- Recap- Box Score

Last edited:
Wichita State is missing some key guys. That squad is very much for real and a Final 4 threat
I guess they could have used them last night, they blew a 16 point lead and never trailed the game until the very end:

Notre Dame 67 - Wichita State 66--- Recap -Box Score
Also upset alert-
" Northern Iowa 61- SMU 58 --- Recap - Box Score "
and.....
Howard 52 - USF 75 ----- Recap - Box Score
Wyoming 53 - Cincinnati 78 - Recap - Box Score
Miami (Ohio) 59 - Tulane 80 - Recap - Box Score

That didn't take long, someone isn't opposed to in season changes:

Lebo has managed to head coach in college 19 years with a career losing record. Pretty amazing if you ask me. This year ECU is 2-4 with losses to Radford, Central CT State, and NC A&T. This suckfest doesn’t help the AAC and I hope you all realize that the entire AAC loses when each team loses to bad OOC teams in this fashion. Will be interested to see if they can right the ship. Their early play bodes poorly for rising above last place.

After this you knew it wasn't long:
Blue Devils win! CCSU goes on the road and downs ECU, 79-68

Lebo has managed to head coach in college 19 years with a career losing record. Pretty amazing if you ask me. This year ECU is 2-4 with losses to Radford, Central CT State, and NC A&T. This suckfest doesn’t help the AAC and I hope you all realize that the entire AAC loses when each team loses to bad OOC teams in this fashion. Will be interested to see if they can right the ship. Their early play bodes poorly for rising above last place.
ECU a suckfest ???..... the entire AAC was a suckfest on Sunday:
Saint_Johns.png
St. John's 46
UCF.png
UCF 43- Box Score
Tulane-Wave.png
Tulane 59
Georgia-State.png
Georgia State 70- Box Score
Arkansas.png
Arkansas 102
husky-logo-web.png
UConn 67 - Box Score
North-Carolina-AT.png
North Carolina A&T 87
East-Carolina.png
ECU 81 -. Box Score
EMU_.png
Eastern Michigan 65
South_Florida.png
USF 47 .- Box Score
t20.png
Temple 83
site.png
La Salle 87 .- Box Score

Call it Suckfest Sunday! Wow I didn’t realize it was that bad. That is an off the chart sucking of “name your animal” balls by the AAC in one day. Unbelievable.

Any of you guys watching this highly entertaining and competitive game between Wichita State and Baylor?

2 TV games today for the AAC, vs. ranked teams:

Sunday 12.3.17
UCF.png
UCF (65) vs.
alabama_logo.png
#24/-- Alabama (62) @ Tuscaloosa, Ala. TV:ESPNU
Tulane-Wave.png
Tulane (73) vs.
UNC.png
#13/11 North Carolina (97) Chapel Hill, N.C. TV:ESPN2

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT