ADVERTISEMENT

AAC Tourney may move west

the Blades

Gold Member
Jan 20, 2003
Orlando again in 2018 then ? .... also some other AAC news:
▪ The American is looking at its multi-media options in advance of 2020, when its TV contract with ESPN ends. It appears all options are on the table, including digital companies such as Amazon or Netflix, should they decide live sports makes sense.
▪ The American adopted a graduate transfer policy that allows an athlete to start a career at an AAC school, transfer out of the conference and return to another conference school as a graduate transfer.

Is that a sign that the AAC is trying to proactively prevent Memphis from leaving the AAC by creating leverage to keep them here?

Is that a sign that the AAC is trying to proactively prevent Memphis from leaving the AAC by creating leverage to keep them here?
No, now that WSU is the conference and they have fans that travel, it's probably as good a central location as any to draw fans.....as long as Tubby can get that trainwreck turned around in Memphis by then....here's this years look at the AAC from a WSU writers perspective from back in April:
Around the AAC: Off-season turmoil at UConn, Memphis shake up rosters

Last edited:
The league looks better on paper next year but is 4th place in the AAC going to be good enough for an NCAA tourney bid or will this be a 3rd failure to make tourney in last 4 years? Wichita State is very good, I like their guard Shamet a lot. Kid is a baller. But the whole selling point on the AAC, for me, was that UConn would be the big fish in a smaller pond but if you are only the 4th biggest fish in that smaller pond, then you kind of sour a bit on that whole school of thought. Is the AAC competition too tough or is UConn losing its mojo?

The league looks better on paper next year but is 4th place in the AAC going to be good enough for an NCAA tourney bid or will this be a 3rd failure to make tourney in last 4 years? Wichita State is very good, I like their guard Shamet a lot. Kid is a baller. But the whole selling point on the AAC, for me, was that UConn would be the big fish in a smaller pond but if you are only the 4th biggest fish in that smaller pond, then you kind of sour a bit on that whole school of thought. Is the AAC competition too tough or is UConn losing its mojo?
That's the $3 Million plus...question.... that our head coach needs to answer (for) ...;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Shaggydog84
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT