AAC MBB Tourney

the Blades

Gold Member
Jan 20, 2003
Championship Central - link

CLICK to enlarge

D1VK5LfXcAA1w_s.jpg:large

Last edited:
It's reasonable that UConn could beat USF and get to 16-16, but I don't see UConn getting past Houston. Houston has Final 4 potential depending on where they are seeded and the bracket they draw. So if it plays out like I think UConn finishes 16-17 with no postseason.

Why Uconn might be better without AG in the tourney. The 2nd worst shooter on the team shouldn't take the 2nd most shots. A worst 3pt shooter than Sidney Wilson should not take 4 times as many 3's as him....AG needs to be a pass first PG and tough defender for this team to play better. He also needs to learn from Jalen's passing clinic last game....how to pass with finesse so it's catchable in a good spot, not throw his signature bullet passes from 2 ft away to a team mate (because he drove and got swallowed up in the lane), as he does way to often.
Uconn-2019-AAC-Stats.jpg

I am really disappointed for Jalen because he never reached his full potential at UConn. There are myriad reasons for this, that were both in and out of his control. I don’t remember another player at UConn, who stayed for 4 years, and who more disappointingly failed to fully realize all of his potential. We can say that Jalen was a very good player at UConn, but he wasn’t the player he could have been.

I am really disappointed for Jalen because he never reached his full potential at UConn. There are myriad reasons for this, that were both in and out of his control. I don’t remember another player at UConn, who stayed for 4 years, and who more disappointingly failed to fully realize all of his potential. We can say that Jalen was a very good player at UConn, but he wasn’t the player he could have been.
I'd say the biggest problem Jalen faced were KO and he probably had the least amount of talent around him than any other Uconn star in the last 25 years. Especially the last couple of years of KO's revolving door of players. Like I said before he may have had more talent at Brewster than he played with recently. ..... Donovan Mitchell -now a star in the NBA , Justin Simon- Arizona, Marcus Derrickson - Georgetown, in the NBA, David Crisp - Washington & the 2 bigs that went to Virginia and Wisconsin.

Last edited:
Hoping the team can carry the momentum from last game and provide the same type of energy Jalen displayed. The team looked drastically different with him on the court and even though it was against East Carolina, everyone looked more comfortable and played smart. Hoping tomorrow won't be Jalen's last game he has been such a great player for UConn and will truly be missed.

GO HUSKIES!!!

Reactions: the Blades
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT