ADVERTISEMENT

69 yards ???? was it worth it ???

the Blades

Gold Member
Jan 20, 2003
69 yards passing...WTF ????...this kid makes Sherriffs look like Tom Brady

Diaco..blows a kids RS who is clearly not ready for the job. DW fumbles 3 times & was lucky they were recovered or that he didn't get picked off about 3 more....while he held onto the ball all day with this weak OL. The OC can't even attempt to have him pass deep in his own zone for fear of a TO... So is this what us fans have paid to watch ???? ......another reset and more regular season "practice games" from Diaco ????

I felt bad for the kid.... this is like Tim Boyle 2.0 ( who PP ruined in an attempt to save his job). Williams was way out of his element, had no clue about the play clock over and over....but at least Diaco will have another excuse and spin job about breaking in a new OC and new QB to try and save his job while the last few diehards turn in their season tix ( after 20 + years, like me ) because we're done paying for this garbage and the same nonsense and spiel coming out of his mouth.

Last edited:
The one postgame comment he made that stuck with me is, about the team in general, "there is a lot to clean up." Why is there so much to clean up after game 10 of the season?

You got to be F#&king kidding me ???? Who's in charge of this mess ??? Your the head coach and your gonna allow an 18 year old kid and his parents to call
the shots on blowing his red shirt season for a 3-7 team with nothing to gain ? WHAT DID YOU THINK HE WOULD SAY !!! And stop lying Diaco, this kid was
lost and had no clue as to even the basics of running an offense. No way in hell did he give Uconn the best chance to beat Temple....You really think the people
who buy tickets to pay your salary are blind because you say so coach ????
...Geez maybe you can go out and do some more meet and greets to sell us
more crap this summer !

From Jacobs: QB's Redshirt Burned, And UConn Still Goes Down In Flames

......" Diaco said Williams went to him this past Sunday. "He said, 'I want to play, coach. I wanted to play four weeks ago. I want to play right now.' Obviously, I was incredibly excited just from the response. Awesome. What a competitor. I said, 'You understand what that will mean?'"
Diaco said he asked Williams if he had spoken to his parents. Williams hadn't. Diaco said he told him to talk to his parents, to sleep on it. He said there are no rash decisions around his program. He told Williams he wouldn't call his parents. "I said, 'this is on you,'" Diaco said. "They were all on board. It became very clear, very easy, very quickly."
Williams had never taken a snap in a college game." ....GEEZ WHO WOULD HAVE KNOWN from watching him !!! .....

( PS. second time I've done something I haven't ever done attending any Uconn game in close to 25 years as a season ticket holder to 3 sports...leave early...for 2 BD FB games now ..... because I can't take this guy and how he is out coached and game planned....... game after game by any opposing staff with a pulse )

Last edited:
Reactions: UconNell
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT