ADVERTISEMENT

3 former Husky WO's have earned a scholly

Congrats to those guys... but I have to ask.. Are/Will they be scholly kids for next season? or this semester?

Good question K-Tuck...Dez reported this but it seems strange because I don't think these 3 we're ever reported as preferred walk-ons and only Vitale as a PR/specials has ever seen the field. Which is very different than when Marinan ( who made the 2 deep ) and Clafin ( who played on special teams) were given a scholly as a WO. Plus it puts the scholly number up to 87(edit) by my count, when you add the 16 that are coming in as FR.... though we never know who might leave between now and the fall.

Last edited:
Reactions: lewconn
That puts us over by 1.... which means more attrition.. Also, wasn't Vitale already awarded a scholly before this past season started? That led me to think/wonder if PWO's offered scholly by semester...

Reactions: the Blades
Just looked again...I guess the number could be 87 with no loses, so I guess we'll have to wait for the spring roster.

I'm certain we're not done with attrition.. Kids that have been here for about 3 or 4 years, with maybe a year left of eligibility, and want to play, but haven't played.. just makes sense they'd want to finish their playing careers on the field and not the sidelines in a live game.

True, I don't want to speculate but I can see a few names that fall into that category on the roster by looking at the Participation Chart that must have been updated recently .....Also I didn't realize that Diaco burned as many redshirts of freshman as he did. I'm surprised about some of these names unless they are misprints ( I thought Crozier ( soph) was out all year) and/or especially if he loses a whole year of eligibility for the guys he played, that supposedly where in just one or two games.
..................games /starts
Beals, Tyraiq 13/5
BLACKWELL, Fel. 1/-
Campbell, Ian 1/-
CESPEDES, Bryan 2/-
Crozier, Ryan 1/-
Holman, Zordan 1/
JEAN-PIERRE, C. 1/-

Lee, Chris 6/-
Mayala, Hergy 11/4
McLean, Aaron 10/-
Parker, Dallas 6/-
ROBINSON, John 2/-
TARBUTT, Mich. 6/

Last edited:
Hope the majority of that list of frosh playing is wrong.

Fwiw, rumor has it that Marder has forgone his final year of eligibility and is headed to law school

Hope the majority of that list of frosh playing is wrong.

Fwiw, rumor has it that Marder has forgone his final year of eligibility and is headed to law school

Heard that about Marder. To bad, he was versatile as a DB and I figured he would first up at replacing Adams since he played some S. Probably means someone who is listed as a CB will have to move back to the safety position which looks a little lean with him and Floyd ( another RS JR) both gone.... my guess is Brice or maybe they'll try Garland back there, besides the RSFR Marsh Terry and Watkins who's only played 7 games. Seems like the position with the least experience on the depth chart except for Obi. But we shall see in the spring.

Last edited:
Just noticed the Spring Roster is now up : Uconn FB Spring Roster and indeed Garland and Brice are listed as Safeties.....Marder is gone...along with RB Josh Marriner & OL Kyle Bockeloh

Also only 6 frosh burned red shirts

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT