ADVERTISEMENT

2017-18 (new) Roster and some updates

OK.... I'll let KO know that he needs to name them today ... LOL ! In the mean time I think they were just focused on:

Not sure what an assistant captain is...I love CV and his toughness. Next year would seem to make more sense to me. JA should be capt

I guess I meant alternate captain. They have them in hockey. Basically they assume the captaincy if something happens to the captain. Sort of like alternate jurors if one of the regulars is out.

Reactions: Shaggydog84
In hockey they have the 2 guys with the A's on their jerseys because the C's and A's get to talk to the refs for explanation of calls that are made. In hoops when there are 2 like Brimah/Boatright or Kemba/Beverly, etc., etc. .... they're usually just known as captains or I guess you could say co-captains. But like I said the team hasn't started official activities yet ...so I've yet to hear an announcement. I can't even remember who the captain was (Brimah solo ?) last year but they don't get to discuss calls and I can't even remember the head coach "working the refs" until Uconn was down by 20 points...:mad:

Last edited:
Reactions: Shaggydog84
I remember a few years ago they named captains after the Husky Run in Oct...." After the race, Brimah was named a team captain, along with Boatright, who will be a senior next season." .....that might be when we'll know more...just sayin'

Speaking of ......could we find out about this years captain(s) today ?
"The Husky Run, the annual jog around campus, starts later today at 4 p.m. at Gampel Pavilion"

Courant- Today's Husky Run Means Start Of UConn Men's Basketball Not Far Behind

DKwmCV6UQAAhK6w.jpg

Last edited:
KO defeated all scholarship players except Whaley at age 45?

Wilson 36:05, 13 minutes behind KO????????????

Cobb beat Jalen???????

Reactions: permit22
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT