ADVERTISEMENT

Why UConn Got a 2 Seed

UConn was a 1 seed in the prior reveal 2 weeks ago. They didn’t lose since then and won the AAC tourney somewhat impressively without Samuelson. What changed is that Mississippi State won the SEC tourney in impressive fashion. They had been a 2 seed, in the prior reveal. UConn and MSU flip flopped. It seems like it had more to do with what MSU did, than what UConn didn’t do. The tourney wins MSU racked up were against better teams.

Last edited:
Don't follow this enough to add much but why is ND who has 3 losses ( to Uconn's 2), is ranked behind Uconn in both polls and also got blown out by Uconn on their home court...a 1 seed while Uconn is a 2 ? Those 3 facts, especially the head to head blowout seems a little corrupt by the NCAA.

Good strory on the front page comments by Geno and video of Phesa:

Don't follow this enough to add much but why is ND who has 3 losses ( to Uconn's 2), is ranked behind Uconn in both polls and also got blown out by Uconn on their home court...a 1 seed while Uconn is a 2 ? Those 3 facts, especially the head to head blowout seems a little corrupt by the NCAA.

Good question but here is my take on that. ND after their two ACC losses (which I think were without injured starters) finished the season very strong. They blew Louisville away in the ACC championship game, although Louisville was without one starter and then lost another during the game. I thought they were on the bubble for a 1 seed but they did finish very strong after their second ACC loss. And ND played great in that game, which I watched.

I agree that UConn’s road win against ND (which was at full strength) should count for something, although ND somewhat offset that loss by beating Louisville at home and in the ACC championship. Therefore ND had two wins against 1 seeds, while UConn had 1.

Although UConn got a 2 seed, they are still slated to play a Elite 8 game against Louisville in Albany so nothing really changed. It’s a pure number issue on who gets 1 or 2 as between UConn and Louisville that in the final analysis makes no real competitive difference.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT