ADVERTISEMENT

Who would UConn Hoops' rivals be in the Big 12?

Ah hmmm, guess certain writers haven't received the memo ;) ....or evidently have limited knowledge regarding Big 12.
Since Texas will never be a conference rival. Seeing that they are in the SEC !

"UConn also has some history with Texas,
winning four of five. They’ve had some fun matchups, including a Kemba Walker game-winner in 2010 and the Empire Classic championship this past year. It’s a rivalry with potential, but won’t be much on day one."

But don't mind me, Uconn's CR journey is a sticking point for this long time supporter of it's AD. Since there are a world of inaccuracies all over the internet and social media, 10 times over that, regarding Uconn's move up to the BCS /aka Power Six FB at the time...... ie. before the BE kicked Temple out, begged Uconn FB to join ( a year early as it turned out) with only 8 FB teams. When the conference was un-flatteringly known as the "Big Least" in the BCS era.

Such as being lied to right from the start by their conference brethren and all the completely missed re-tells of how Uconn's CR moves have played out along the way. Like never being invited into the new (2013 ) BE originally after the FB-BB split. To the myth that an off campus stadium is what actually hurts FB attendance.

Last edited:
Sorry about that--the move still doesn't sit right with me. Texas doesn't feel right in the SEC and it's going to take a moment to get used to

Reactions: the Blades
Sorry about that--the move still doesn't sit right with me. Texas doesn't feel right in the SEC and it's going to take a moment to get used to
+1 Agreed. Most of CR, since I wrote about it back in 2003 on this site has all been wrong, if you ask me, for fans, the rivalries etc. When the ACC ( who was actually in jeopardy of losing it's BCS seat) poached Va tech, Miami and BC to save theirselves.

But it seems like it's past the point of no return and just the beginning, with coast to coast conferences, players making millions, pro "student athletes" coming Europe, unlimited free agency and just flat out greed at every level.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT