Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gabby WIlliams

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Kia Nurse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Geno Auriemma

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters
Giving this thread a bump because only 3 votes, each for a different candidate, which does not solve anything.

Tough decision. I think it's a tie between Gabby and Collier. Collier is so consistent, but Gabby affects all aspects of the game.

But I'll give Geno my vote.

After tonight's game I felt compelled to change my vote. In most MVP award polls you don't get to change your vote, but in this one you do.

Ha, I'll go Collier too. She's up to 20.4 a game.

Great contribution from crystal. 12, 9, two threes and no turnovers.

I think I was your first vote KSTW, I can't front, I'm lucky if I watch maybe a quarter of the Gals games at any length. But from what I've seen it's Collier and that was before the game last night night that I probably watched about 5 minutes of........ Consistency .....she seems to have the most of all the players, which is all any coach wants from his players and his team. But what do I know in my limited view ? :rolleyes:

Collier has been the most consistent dominant force inside and in the games she has gotten into foul trouble, which has been a few, her absent has been noticeable. She also preserved the opening win against Florida State by blocking the shot of the FSU center, who is taller than Collier, with seconds left in the game.

You can also make a strong case for Gabby Williams, as she has been the best player on the floor in a number of big games notably the wins at ND and home against South Carolina. She is arguably the best all around player on the team when you look at points, rebounds, assists, blocks and her very disruptive defense.

Samuelson is the most offensively talented player on the team, but she has been inconsistent and at times has looked like physical defense throws her off. She is going to get stronger and may have the highest ceiling once she does. Her body definitely needs some work.

It should be noted that Collier, Samuelson and Nurse have all had 30+ point games this year (Collier has had 2 and Samuelson has had 3 or 4). Nurse started off the season with very cold shooting but came on strong and was a steadying influence before getting hurt.

Finally it will be great shock if Geno Auriemma does not win every Coach of the Year award there is to win. Most experts thought this team was too young and inexperienced and many preseason reviews called Geno crazy for erecting such an insanely difficult nonconference schedule. We all know Geno did this because the AAC, outside of Temple and USF, is pretty weak. But it was believed UConn would lose 3-4 games and that did not happen. It was remarkable that this team got through their schedule undefeated, essentially with no bench and 4 core players.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT