ADVERTISEMENT

WATCH: UConn Women's Basketball Pregame (USF) - 2/14/2020

If this team has a final 4 run in it, Christyn is going to have to become consistently elite and our #1 option imo. An efficient 20pt scorer. I’m confident Crystal will knock down shots. She’s a senior and not afraid of the moment. And then we need Liv to show growth in every rematch against the 3 teams that beat us. This allows Meg to play to her strength, as a catch and shoot stretch 4 and not the focal point.

Ania has to keep growing as a playmaker and 3pt threat, which opens her dribble drive and kick. Griffin should give us energy and athleticism off the bench and hopefully she makes better decisions on offense and knocks down her FTs.

We are probably a year away from a title run, but I’m not giving up on this season.

My uncle who watches every game noted that Chrystyn, whose real strength is transition offense and tends to be invisible when transition gets shut down, is a problem in the half court offensive sets. Specifically, the other players on offense don’t know where she is going or what she is doing. If you watch her at times she is not on the same page as her teammates. She is also spotty shooting the ball. In transition she is a different story, she can score numerous different ways, with both hands, through traffic and through contact. She is a terror with the ball in transition. But in the set offenses there is a lot of confusion and she seems to be at the center of it. You hope that by next year she is on the same page as everyone else. Next year UConn will also have 2 natural point guards plus Anna Marukat to facilitate the offense.

Khalid, I think that her perimeter struggles have hindered her strength, which is her ability to beat her defender off the bounce and finish in the paint with either hand and through contact, as you noted.

Teams now can sag off of her, but I think this is just a prolonged slump and not the norm for her. Once she has a few good games in a row, she’ll become more confident and finding 20 points will become common.

I like her, because she can beat you a lot of ways and is a solid passer. Whereas with Meg, it’s going to be catch and shoot, back door cuts or bullying smaller defenders. Which is why she’s struggles against more athletic teams with length(better comp).

Olivia looked very good today. And Griff gave us a spark once Ania struggled and went to the bench. I thought she was going to try and dunk one of those steals.

Williams has looked erratic with her shooting pretty much from Day 1, but the last few games she has really struggled with her shot. Most concerning is that she is mostly getting and taking open shots, and missing them. Other teams do need to leave her open at this time. I think her shooting is the weakest part of her game. She is a strong transition player although today she also missed a few layups.

ADVERTISEMENT