ADVERTISEMENT

WATCH: UConn Men's Basketball Pregame Sound (DePaul) - 3/4/22

Uconn has a Wednesday bye and gets the winner of Seton Hall- Georgetown on Thursday (9:30 pm) in the quarterfinals.

Big-East-torney-bracket.jpg

Last edited:
Interesting game and Box Score. Was at the game and I thought the student section was a total embarrassment, to the HC and the players trying to finish off the game, by killing the energy of Gampel with about 6 minutes to go with their lame chant "we want Garry". Anyone with half a basketball brain knows the game is far from over at that point and the team and coach, with his rotations, have alot of work left. Sure enough it's like Depaul started to feed off that negative energy, you could cut with a knife and shot the lights out with nothing to lose and made it a 2 possession game.

Same thing with students rushing the court (and getting Uconn fined by the BE) vs. Nova. These kids are kinda clueless compared to Uconn students sections of the past. Act like this is Uconn !....not some bottom feeder program who just beat a 7 loss team which is only 1 less than the Huskies. I remember a mediocre Uconn team with Dyson and company beating #1 Texas at Gampel and the students not rushing even for that.

But besides that, the shocking stats was Uconn not being able to hit outside shots, scoring heavily by points in the paint (24 of 29 makes) and winning with RJ having a real off night of only 1-9 on FG's. Sanogo and Martin picked up most of the difference with inside work and boards. AJ had the perfect stat line while playing within himself and not forcing shots that he can't make consistently. ( that we talked about after Creighton). 7 pts on 3/4 shooting, hit his only 3 and had 8 boards, 4ast/1 TO and did a good job defending. Also nice to see Akok play and be involved with 3 blocks.

Last edited:
I am hoping that by playing a night game Thursday that means if they win another night game Friday as I will be tied up in depositions Friday during the day.

ADVERTISEMENT