ADVERTISEMENT

vs. Wagner/ to the merciful end of 2019

the Blades

Gold Member
Jan 20, 2003
08/29/19 vs. Wagner..(Thursday)...East Hartford, CT.....7pm/ TV: ESPN3

Last edited:
All high school football teams that register in advance will receive complimentary admission to the game. To register your team, please email your 2019 roster to marketing@uconn.edu. The deadline to register a team is Tuesday, August 27.

HO19-FB-Offer.jpg

er um...OK... Randy who you trying to kid with the creative mind games? Everything was going fine but now your sounding more like Diaco by the moment. .....

"We have key starters, starters, key backups, backups and squad men. Those are our evaluation levels. We do not have a key starter at the quarterback position. We have a starter and a key backup " said Diaco.

And I actually thought we had a grown-up in charge again...release a damn 2 deep....and act like any normal, COMPETITIVE frickin football program( like you used to run !)...Win some games first before you try and change the way things are done with this spin doctor nonsense.....SMH !

Last edited:
But does the "developmental squad" get a "participation trophy" because they try hard ?....this is the exact sound of the weak loser crap that came out of the last guy....because he couldn't "man the frick up " , win some games and act like he's been there before ! ( Let's create a trophy because he finally beat a FBS team, UCF :confused:)

Last edited:
Randy ..maybe you need to go back to your leadership council instead of having captains (hurrah !) like a normal team. You know that council idea of yours that went 1-11 and was such a gimmicky move (where's Diaco ?) that 4 of those "leaders" transferred...SMH !

Dii6BKWWAAEdM9w

So here it is... a classic Randy trying to re-invent the wheel. " I'll get them fans and media guys, who like to follow this program. They're not getting any info whatsoever. "

If I were to take a wild guess it's that Edsall is steaming that someone snapped a picture off one of the coaches clip boards of this depth chart .. that's floating around the internet....so now he's gonna make all you guys pay for it slipping out:
Uconn-football-2019-aug-19th-deep.jpg

Last edited:
Wow Randy's full of info .....he did name a starting QB... and now he's even close to announcing the kicker. RE just stop with this BS game of charades, for the ticket buying public's sake !!!

Last edited:
So he's got it down to 67 participants with these 2 omissions/injuries

Last edited:
I guess RE is allowing writers to release this info...;)....if they do some snappy research

Last edited:
Jim Fuller works with the limited info RE released to put together a decent write-up for the 2019 opener:

" A total of 14 of the 24 defensive players to get on the field in the 2018 season opener had never played a snap at UConn including eight true freshmen..... It should be a different deal on Thursday as defensive lineman Eric Watts, linebacker Jackson Mitchell of Ridgefield and defensive back Myles Bell are the only (3) true freshmen among the 32 defensive players listed on UConn’s personnel chart..."

So here we have it, the Blades certified depth chart for Wagner.:p:D:p..since RE said guys would be playing in different looks , my adjustments are accordingly..;)
Wagner-2019-depth-6.jpg

Last edited:
Where the Hell is UConn’s Depth Chart?

"Forget trying to figure out who is expected to play in a given week and who won’t. For the first time in Edsall’s tenure, and in what is a rarity around college football, Edsall won’t make a depth chart public......Edsall tried to defend the developmental squad as his “waiver wire,” as if he hasn’t always had at least 85 players to choose from each week, then said it was part of a motivational technique for some of the fringe players. But he also explained that with the Huskies utilizing a number of looks on offense and defense, it’s hard to include players on a proper depth chart if they’re not playing a traditional position — and that explanation, which makes sense, should have been what he went with first. “I know this — it might not make sense to anybody else, but it makes sense to me,” Edsall said, laughing like a supervillain."

Full read in link:

Last edited:
So...this ended badly , but what else is new ?.......let's re-cap season 3 of Randy Edsall 2.0 .....he put together a team that beat a FCS Wagner team by a score of 24 to 21......This is the same Wagner team who went 1-11 and got destroyed this year by..... are you ready for this?.......2 powerhouse FCS programs, LOL ! ..... by the scores of ---(7-5) Sacred Heart (CT) 41 - Wagner 7 (Who's the SH HC ? ...he's got to be cheaper than RE) and (6-6) St. Francis (PA) 42 - Wagner 8

So why does this wet blanket, energy sucking vampire of a loser ( see what I did there) still have a job ? .....Dave Benedict.. it may have sounded good when he sold you his old bill of Big East goods... but the game has passed by this " Old man yells at cloud" ! ... he's just plain boring on the field, off the field , across the board on things in the game that don't matter to us fans other than WINNING !.....You look at schools in the AAC who have turned around programs in 3 years or less or lose HC's and don't miss a beat (Temple, UCF, Memphis, ect)....but RE needs 4-5 years?..... I call BS....And now he lost a bunch of starters for his OL who are leaving into the portal...even guys that he recruited.......Edsall has 3 FBS wins total in 3 years, 2 the first year with Diaco's recruits and 1 this year vs. a Umass team who had a defense as bad as RE's was last year...........Will he need another 3 years to double it up to 6 wins because now his OL is to young ? .......The biggest lie this guys sells is about culture
( what a culture where nobody cares from fans to players too)......It's more like he's creating a culture of losing and blame...As in blaming the players from before him for losing while running guys off the team......just the opposite of the new head basketball coach. So somewhere in there lies the truth, because it sure ain't (forgets to tell his players he's leaving for MD..;)) HC Edsall......

_2yqMV.gif

Last edited:
A wrap up from The Uconn Daily and beyond (run by from 2 of the most real Uconn writers in the biz)...... also a breakdown of the Randy Edsall dilemma, who wouldn't have a job at any other FBS school in the country....but then again........

Football Moves On To Uncertainty - from the Uconn Daily

Ready For the Future? We Aren’t Either

The Story: The football season ended on Saturday with a dreadful 49-17 loss to Temple. UConn finished 2-10 and is now headed into an era of uncertainty as a football independent ......Close the books on the AAC. UConn never wanted to be in this league and played like it, including losing its last 19 conference games. UConn is 6-30 over its last three years, all part of Randy Edsall‘s second term.

more excerpts,
IS EDSALL DONE? SHOULD HE BE? There is no indication that Edsall will be fired. It would have to have happened quick as he was due a $300,000 retention bonus if he was still head coach on Sunday. That may be more about where UConn is as an athletic department than a show of confidence in its head coach. UConn can’t make its fourth coaching change in 10 years, has no money to pay a new coach and staff and is about as unattractive an FBS job as there is in the country, considering no one knows what is going to happen as an independent...... Edsall is the only coach in this country that would have put up with AD Dave Benedict blindsiding him with the move out of the AAC, saying no to paying assistants and taking a job that should be in the $2 million range and doing it for a little more than $1 million. (This part I don't agree with.... ANYONE could have done as bad a job as Edsall in the last 3 years and you could have payed them alot less.......there are 30 + coaches (more than 25% of those in FBS alone) who make from $450K to $900K ).... and I think Randy knows it !

OUR TAKE: The leaps of faith UConn is asking fans to take in football are over. UConn now has to prove to fans that it is worth their support. Who thought when Edsall left the locker room in Glendale, Arizona, after the Fiesta Bowl that all of us would be in this position? Certainly not us. UConn goes into 2020 with a clean slate, but let’s make no illusions about how difficultly independence will bring. We are encouraged by the recent spate of commitments but we just don’t know what the goal of the football program is any longer................while Edsall is tasked with rebuilding the brand and football program on the field, Benedict is tasked with steering the ship toward something sustainable. The schedule is a start.

Last edited:
So at last count it's 11 RS JR's ...7 who have been starters at some point or still were, that are leaving the program. Edsall complains that the reason he sucks and has 3 FBS wins in his 3 years as a HC, is that he has no upperclassman..... Well if he continues to lose upper classmen ( he lost more last year) ....who don't wan't to play for him .....and he blames losing on not having upperclassmen in the program, WTF is Edsall doing here as a coach ?

Maybe if Edsall would take ownership of his program and stop blaming the players, he could turn this around. But since it's never been in his DNA to except blame ( even in RE version 1.0 when things went wrong) or do anything but tweet out meaningless BS, talk about all the evils of the CFB sytem and make excuse after excuse about older, bigger, faster stronger players.. this played out loser needs to go....not the players !

Yeah Randy your a development program and a coach who creates culture, LOL ! ....for who other CFB programs ?.....and please do complain more about the transfer system or making snide remarks about Lovie Smith/ Illinois using "free agency" to better his program...We all know you have to much integrity (barf) to stoop to such a brilliant approach to better your team. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
So now Edsall has loss another from this past season.... who was planning to comeback for a RS year.......Randy Edsall " it's about the players being leaders"......No Randy it's about the guy who's getting paid to stop blaming everyone and maybe take some frickin' responsibilty and then maybe they'll want to play for you:

Last edited:

Have to give former Uconn DL, Rob Lunn a back at ya shout with this:

Last edited:
Edsall maybe you can learn something from Uconn's BB coach:
“I didn't do a very good job of coaching him early in the season,” Hurley said. “He's made adjustments, but as a staff I think we're not letting him down the way we were early. We really didn't have him playing to his strengths and the strengths of the team. I just love where it's going with him. He's so focused on his leadership and trying to make people around him better. It looks like he's really starting to understand the position.”

ADVERTISEMENT