ADVERTISEMENT

vs. Stonehill Nov 7......

Dauster in his Stonehill preview said Stonehill's 2 best players are the "lights out" shooting guard Zagarowski whose older brother played at Creighton, and a 6'6" power forward whose name I forget. Dauster thought UConn would win by 30.

Dauster in his Stonehill preview said Stonehill's 2 best players are the "lights out" shooting guard Zagarowski whose older brother played at Creighton, and a 6'6" power forward whose name I forget. Dauster thought UConn would win by 30.
Numbers from their website with 2021-22 stats:
Click image:

OOC-1-STONEHILL-2022-23.jpg

That article suggests the game is being televised on FS1 but I read elsewhere that FS1 will be jumping around to different games and not dedicating their broadcast to any one game. I am going to see if the game is being carried on the Fox Sports website or app. If anyone has a link that will work let me know.

That article suggests the game is being televised on FS1 but I read elsewhere that FS1 will be jumping around to different games and not dedicating their broadcast to any one game.
Really ? Where did you read that, LOL!...Oh you mean like in the very first tweet I posted in this thread ?

Uconn game day write-up and team notes from both schools:

Dauster thought UConn would win by 30.
Tough pick to cover at 30, ( Vegas now up to 30.5) but other than that..... reading the Uconn write-up above, it seems like it's still down to the wire as to who starts, but the starters pretty much look like what we both called back in June Post # 69 in the other thread. Except with AJ out, now Diarra is into the top 7 mix.

I'd think Diarra is the better piece as the bulldog defender off the bench. So then it comes down to Samson or Karaban ( who is in alot of media quotes leading up to the opening game) at the 4 ....So we shall see, but either way 9-10 players should get decent PT.

Last edited:
Liked how UConn played especially on defense first half. Diarra is a quick little ball hawk and really pushes the ball hard! It looked like he was playing PG the whole first half. Clingan looked great! It's amazing to have a kid that big who has actual skills, can move a little bit and swatted at least 3 shots that I saw.

I didn't see Samson Johnson at all, is he hurt? It looked like Jordan Hawkins hit his head on the floor hard and may have been concussed, although I hope not but he didn't look good on the bench. He had that glazed look I have seen before with guys that had head injuries.

Apart from one play at the end of the half when Stonehill found Zagarowski wide open on the wing for a 3 (open by 20 feet which shouldn't ever happen), the defense looked frenetic.

Very satisfying win. All the new guys contributed but I was especially impressed by Diarra and Clingan. Diarra is going to be the starting point guard and Clingan will be great off the bench. Clingan might be the best all around 7 foot plus player UConn has ever had. He is also huge and will be really difficult to handle for opposing centers. This team has very legit depth. I can't wait to see how it all looks when AJ is back. I hope Hawkins isn't concussed he doesn't need that again.

Reactions: the Blades
Both Romouglou and Hasson got into the game and Romoglou actually made 2 FTs. Both of these guys look like they have a long way to go with developing their bodies. The UConn strength and conditioning team has to work very diligently with these 2. No more European meals, need to fill those guys up with protein. Steak and eggs breakfasts and protein shakes between meals.

Both Romouglou and Hasson got into the game and Romoglou actually made 2 FTs.
Yeah he did .... and also made the Uconn bettors very happy since they were 30.5 point favorites. Frickin Vegas always seems to be on the money with these lines and give the gamblers heart attacks with meaningless FT's to no one else but them, LOL!

Highlights and and Hurley post game....

Frickin Vegas always seems to be on the money with these lines and give the gamblers heart attacks with meaningless FT's to no one else but them, LOL!
As far as I am concerned the gamblers who have that kind of stress from betting on games like this get what they deserve. It was reasonable to expect or conclude that with a 30.5 point spread, inexperienced players would be in late in the game and shooting late FTs. Any of them who bet on UConn simply got lucky that Romouglou made both of those FTs. If they had irregular heart beats while Romouglou was shooting those FTs, they signed up for that when they made the bet.

• Haha
Reactions: the Blades
ADVERTISEMENT