ADVERTISEMENT

vs. Georgetown - TUE Dec 20 @ Gampel

11-Georgetown-2022-23-stats-5-7.jpg

Joey California turned in one of the more brilliant and clutch second half performances by a UConn bench player in recent memory tonight. He saved UConn's bacon in a big way tonight with his shooting and his passing. I think this is the perfect dedication song to Joey C for his MVP performance tonight:

Last edited:
24 assists by UConn to 6 by Georgetown offset the 40-28 beating the Huskies received on the boards, one game after clobbering Butler by 24. 8 assists by AJ and 7 by Newton- good stuff. These are UConn WBB assist numbers that the men are racking up consistently, and it breeds high shooting %. Winning basketball! Even on a night when UConn received a rare board beat down.

Great comeback by the boys and resilience after the 0-8 on 3's start in the 2nd half. I also thought the refs were inconsistent on their calls way to many times (they allowed a bunch of over the backs on rebounds, the subjective T's, etc. ....which benefited G-town)

I was wondering where the jump start would come from as G-towns "one on one" gunners seemed liked they couldn't miss at certain points. It had to be Patrick's teams best game of the year. Which Uconn will probably see from most squads with the #2 ranking as a huge target.

But as you mentioned KSTW about Joey C., he was the igniter that the Huskies and crowd needed as he helped turn up the volume from the Gampel Crazies. ( with a big assist from Shabazz's mom who leading the chants, not far from me, sitting behind the Uconn bench). Also great moves by DH who got some good minutes from Hassan too with his smaller line-up that made the run for the W.... Overall it was a fun game to be at since as Dan said in his post game they proved they can be more than "front runners" when they have to.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT