ADVERTISEMENT

USF's game in CT affected by a hurricane in FL ???

the Blades

Gold Member
Jan 20, 2003
There are no weather issues in CT...1200 miles away ???? . I don't get this ? .. How about you leave CT a day after the severe weather in FLA....why a day earlier ??? Am I missing something ??? When is the hurricane weather coming through FLA >>>Sunday ???

Last edited:
Breakfast At The Rent: USF-UConn Moved To 10:30 A.M. Because Of Hurricane Irma

"By moving the game up an hour and half, that provides enough time for USF to play the game and get on a plane back to Florida and get their people safe and back to wherever they need to go," UConn athletic director David Benedict said. "It wouldn't necessarily be a terrible thing, from the standpoint of health and safety, for the USF football team and the travel party to get stuck in Connecticut, because it would be safe. But there are a lot of things that are going to be going down in Florida that a lot of those people are going want to be much closer to."

Had the game been canceled, it would not have been made up because the teams do not have a common bye date. "That just wasn't going to work," Benedict said. "So this is where we're at. Our fans will have to get up a little earlier, but they'll be able to come out and cheer on the team."

"They're dealing with this as a state-wide issue," Benedict said. "They're having conversations with the governor, and there are a lot of people involved in helping make these decisions. This isn't the head football coach and the athletic director. "

Last edited:
Sounds like a bunch of PC nonsense going on ..... have to evacuate FLA..... but just not to CT
"As I noted in my comments [Wednesday], the safety and well-being of our students, staff and coaches is our paramount concern," USF AD Mark Harlan said in a statement. "Several large areas of the state are under evacuation orders, including portions of the Tampa Bay area. After consultation with university leadership and outside agencies, I believe it is not appropriate for our team to travel at this time."

Last edited:
And in the this proves "cash is king dept"........of course another FLA( state) team in getting on a plane Friday to play at Wisconsin....that's a big money game for FAU when they play on the road vs. a P-5 school. No problem taking a trip up north and staying a little late for the big bucks !!!

" Wisconsin also will pay $1.2 million to host Florida Atlantic in 2017 "

"Florida Atlantic A.D. Pat Chun tells me FAU is still scheduled to fly to Wisconsin on Friday afternoon. Coaches' families will be on the plane, along with the entire travel squad. FAU was able to get a bigger charter plane than normal. Players not traveling with the team have been dismissed to be with their families. Florida Atlantic anticipates remaining in Wisconsin until it is safe to return home. "

Last edited:
Looks like Aresco didn't have any vision, could have had Memphis play @ Uconn this week instead of the game schedule here on OCT 6th. Guess who has a bye week who could have played in CT on OCT 6th ?.....USF.....now Memphis and Uconn both miss games this week when they didn't have to.

Memphis-UCF football game canceled due to Hurricane Irma

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT