ADVERTISEMENT

UConn Women Unanimous Preseason #1

As great as last year was until the final 4, we lacked size, depth and a true PG.

Those issues have all been addressed. This could be an All Time Type team with additions of Stephens, Camara, the frosh and the emergence of Crystal as the floor General.

I agree. The lack of size and depth in the frontcourt was a big problem that got exposed in the Final 4. This year’s team should be significantly stronger than last year’s team.

Khalid, which would you say is the best team ever? Taurasi, Bird, Cash and Jones?

This might be that kind of team.

The 2002 team was probably the best starting 5, but the actual best team was the 2001 team that lost Ralph and Abrosomova to injury and still made the Final 4. They lost to eventual champion Notre Dame. They would not have lost with a healthy Shea and Svetlana. They were 1st Team All Americans.

The 2002 team with Taurasi and Bird was the best backcourt tandem in the history of women’s basketball, pro or college. Both are Hall of Fame WNBA players who have won multiple pro championships both for their own teams in the USA and together on a team in Russia.

Bird is arguably the best point guard in WNBA history and Taurasi arguably the best shooting guard in WNBA history. And they played together at UConn 2 years. It was an incredible convergence of backcourt talent. Both of those girls are immensely talented and had basketball IQs off the charts.

Last edited:
Reactions: CaNOLEE
Great players on this team but unless Stevens becomes her, and she just might, this team still lacks the CLEAR CUT go to player. Might never come up as every player is so elite but if there ever is a crunch time it will be interesting to see. No Chongs please who lose the title on a "never tried this before" crap.

Still pisses me off to see SC have the title.

Dom, we might have 4 goto players. Collier is 1 right now and Gabby 1a imo.

Miss St game was painful, but it was good for the sport. And has set up a grander audience for ripping off another 100+ in a row.

There are 4 First Team All American players on this team. Not much more needs to be said. The 2002 team saw all 5 starters eventually selected in the 1st round of the WNBA draft and I believe 4 of them went in the top 6. I can easily see all 5 projected starters on this team eventually being 1st round picks and Samuelson and Collier could go 1-2 in the WNBA Draft after their senior years. That's how good this team is. They are more talented than the Duke men's team has been at any time in the last 10 years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT