ADVERTISEMENT

UConn Women Set Record With 60 Point Sweet 16 Victory

KhalidShockedTheWorld

Gold Member
Mar 28, 2009
It looked to me like Mississipi State was not prepared for UConn's intensity and mentally checked out of this one early. UConn destroyed MSU with transition baskets in going up 50 at half. Stewart looked fantastic. It's amazing what her stats would be if she actually played full games.

My mom was at the game and texted me that my step dad was worried because they didn't look good in warm ups. He's no Nostradamus. 60 points in a sweet 16 game? Good lord!

I was shocked to see both ND and South Carolina lost when I woke up this morning.

Going to start getting boring. Next year we will rack up a few loses I think with the big three leaving. Should be a little more fun to watch us in some close games.

They are so technically sound......

UConn obviously will not be as good next year offensively or defensively, but I think they will still be pretty good.

I thought Natalie Butler would be a bigger factor then she was. She is a very good rebounder, but offensively her skills are somewhat limited. She has a weird-looking jump shot with a very high release point and arc, and nothing she does looks terribly fluid. She will be an okay center but she isn't in the class of Stewart, Dolson or Charles skills wise.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT