ADVERTISEMENT

UConn Women Return Powerful Nucleus

If Geno doesnt learn to get his young players significant minutes early it will be 3 straight non-title teams for him

He did play the bench a fair amount towards the tail end of AAC play and in the first round of the NCAA tournament. Actually in the 1st round demolition of St. Francis the bench played the entire 4th quarter and outscored St. Francis 24-4, taking a 68 point lead to 88 points. After that the bench saw almost no time, surprisingly even including Walker. I had thought the bench had turned a corner at the end of the season but Geno must not have liked what he saw in practice and the trust just wasn’t there. I think Walker has a lot of physical talent and should be much better as a sophomore.

Baylor, not going to happen. we will be #2 behind ND but will spend time at #1 for sure at some point.

Baylor was looking VERY impressive before losing their starting PG to season ending injury. I think they will be right up there in the top 3. I also expect Oregon to be highly ranked as well. Now that Stevens is gone I put Baylor and ND ahead of UConn.

This opens a scholly to get another big, doesn't it? The only returning experienced post is Collier unless you count Camara who did not play much. Nelson-Ododa might be good enough to start. UConn needs another 6'4" plus big. Who is out there in grad transfer market?

Last edited:
Reactions: Dominicfrank
ADVERTISEMENT