ADVERTISEMENT

UConn Women Elite 11 All Test Negative

( Covid rules exception) Don't jinx them ;)...all it takes is one positive for either team...:(
Bubbleville @ Mohegan already having a ton of ( Covid rules exceptions ). Florida out because of covid , AZ St. doesn't want to play Baylor in the Empire St. bracket because the HC Scott Drew has Covid, but none of the Baylor players do .... "As the Covid world turns "

Last edited:
This sucks, of course, but there is news that a vaccine is around the corner so there is some hope that they can start the season, navigate through a touch stretch until everyone starts getting vaccinated, and then get through the season maybe with the May Madness Rickie P was talking about. The problem is they have to produce a shitload of doses- 333 million just for the USA. I don't know if 1 or 2 pharmaceutical companies can handle that production load.

Maybe they will ask UConn and CCSU to take the places of Baylor and ASU? You got 2 local teams that do not need to travel to get to the Sun except by short bus ride. Empire Classic organizers need to think on the fly here............

Another option is to let CCSU play Virginia and then ASU vs. UConn in a game that can be hyped as the first of many Hurley v. Hurley showdowns.........give the fans what they want to see!

So no change on the team website... but this is better hype than changing the schedule page
......of note in the tweet........ 2 DAYS !

I'm sure the NCAA will force em' to play at some point..they like pulling stuff like that......but

This is exactly why fans want to see the game.......it was just like Manning v. Manning games when Eli and Peyton were both NFL QBs, and Harbaugh vs. Harbaugh Super Bowl. The fans want to see that stuff. Especially in college hoops. It used to be that way a while back in college hoops with Bobby Knight and Mike K at Duke, who was at one time Knight's captain at Army.

KSTW....seriously WTF it's Covid season and has been... everyone seems to be aware of this except you ...stay tuned and pay attention for your sports. ...again your digging in on expectations that I guarantee Fox and everyone else including a 5 year old knows doesn't apply right now in sports ... it's the world we live in....Schedules mean less than nothing as your (Fla st. -Clem ) post above x 100 others prove. But I'll do my best to keep you and any other readers who don't follow SM informed.... That's what I do for the site . ;)
I hate to say I told you so.....but I told you so.... 4 WBB games listed on the schools website, wiped out just like that...it truly does suck !

Now if the MBB team and CCSU can just make it to tip- off....SMH !

Last edited:
Another option is to let CCSU play Virginia and then ASU vs. UConn in a game that can be hyped as the first of many Hurley v. Hurley showdowns.........give the fans what they want to see!
Well Bobby got something sort of a blast from the past showdown.... a match-up vs. him and Dan's former school...URI !

They went with a local team as I suspected........just not the right one. I have wondered whether URI is closer to Mohegan Sun than UConn-Storrs is.......I think it is pretty close. I think Mohegan Sun is like midway between the two schools geographically.

They went with a local team as I suspected........just not the right one. I have wondered whether URI is closer to Mohegan Sun than UConn-Storrs is.......I think it is pretty close. I think Mohegan Sun is like midway between the two schools geographically.
Look at the date.... it's not like Uconn doesn't already have 2 games that were agreed upon weeks ago, so Uconn on the 25th vs. AZ St. wasn't an option. I guess it's cool Dan and the Hurley clan can hang out in CT with Bob for an early Turkey day if they want and he can check out the Thurs. game since Uconn doesn't play again until FRI.

Last edited:
3 games in 3 days is doable with a deep roster. Kemba and his gang did 5 games in 5 days in the Big East tournament and won all 5. This is why you have depth, to play it.

3 games in 3 days is doable with a deep roster. Kemba and his gang did 5 games in 5 days in the Big East tournament and won all 5. This is why you have depth, to play it.
Except obviously Uconn doesn't have 3 dates open... but yeah.. Dan would go for that after 2 weeks in quarantine, just pray they get the 2 in.....

emoji_finger_thumb.jpg

Last edited:
That's our girl Aubrey in that pic. She has best motor on the team one of the best motors I have ever seen on the girls team. Does anyone remember the game where UConn was up 50 last year and she was running a layup drill the last 2 minutes and Geno had to remove her because she kept scoring layups rather kill some clock? That was amusing to watch but you can't put a collar and leash on that girl. She is a wild Filly with great bloodlines. I believe she has a brother playing at Duke and her Dad was a star at Seton Hall. Adrian Griffin one of the best players ever at the Hall.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT