ADVERTISEMENT

Uconn WILL lose longtime MBB season tix holders

the Blades

Gold Member
Jan 20, 2003
I doubt there's many Uconn season tix holders who follow this board .....but thanks Mike Anthony of the Hartford Courant for calling out Uconn on their new "extortion plan" of longtime supporters of Uconn MEN's BB........

" There is no more effective way to irritate or alienate fans than to muck up the way they follow their favorite team while simultaneously trying to siphon money from their wallet. "

And that is exactly what Uconn, in all their wisdom, has done. They've effectively diminished "priority points" that longtime MBB fans have accumulated for decades and made them basically as worthless as rubble. At the same time are forcing people to pay thousands more per year just to sit in the same seats that they've been donating for forever.. But this only applies for men's hoops, not the gals... in a very discriminatory and sexist fashion.

This new plan has been out about a month or so but many will decide to join the couch potato posse....instead of being raked over the coals.

“Since when is a required donation a donation?” said Marty Rotblatt of Weatogue. Valid point....... The XL Center and Gampel Pavilion packages are separate. Say a family has four seats in premium sections for each building. That triggers a required annual donation of $6,400 ...for the right to purchase.

“As a season ticket holder for 46 years, including attending three Final Fours, my family will have to stop acquiring season tickets,” said Dan Hickey of Ellington.

So good luck Uconn with kicking the most loyal part of your fanbase in the nuts at the same time as you've had the 3 worse MBB seasons in decades.... that should help attendance...;););) !!!

Full read:

Last edited:
Totally agree. Seems like less than ideal timing to do PSL right now, and to do just for men's hoops... weird.

I doubt there's many Uconn season tix holders who follow this board .....but thanks Mike Anthony of the Hartford Courant for calling out Uconn on their new "extortion plan" of longtime supporters of Uconn MEN's BB........

" There is no more effective way to irritate or alienate fans than to muck up the way they follow their favorite team while simultaneously trying to siphon money from their wallet. "

And that is exactly what Uconn, in all their wisdom, has done. They've effectively diminished "priority points" that longtime MBB fans have accumulated for decades and made them basically as worthless as rubble. At the same time are forcing people to pay thousands more per year just to sit in the same seats that they've been donating for forever.. But this only applies for men's hoops, not the gals... in a very discriminatory and sexist fashion.

This new plan has been out about a month or so but many will decide to join the couch potato posse....instead of being raked over the coals.

“Since when is a required donation a donation?” said Marty Rotblatt of Weatogue. Valid point....... The XL Center and Gampel Pavilion packages are separate. Say a family has four seats in premium sections for each building. That triggers a required annual donation of $6,400 ...for the right to purchase.

“As a season ticket holder for 46 years, including attending three Final Fours, my family will have to stop acquiring season tickets,” said Dan Hickey of Ellington.

So good luck Uconn with kicking the most loyal part of your fanbase in the nuts at the same time as you've had the 3 worse MBB seasons in decades.... that should help attendance...;););) !!!

Full read:

Here's the chart below. So next time a WBB player wants to complain they are worth more money...don't.
Because right here at the CBB capital of the world, Uconn proves that the fans of men's basketball can be shaken down and have more " money siphoned from their wallet. " While the Women's BB product, no matter how many championships they've won...... is worth nothing (as in no donation required)

2019-UConn-BB-Season-tix-extortion.jpg

Last edited:
I guess he's now the guy to know......or maybe that's why Herbst was at a bunch of games...can't be a no-show, looks pretty bad when your Uconn's big cheese... especially when you pay zilch !

Blades,

My plan is to write him a letter kissing his ass, also mentioning my father (a UConn grad) and his planned donation to UConn from his Estate upon his death ((I am the named Executor of the will), and in closing asking him to keep me in mind for any extra unused tickets he has. Doing stuff like this works. A few years ago I was in Montreal with a buddy of mine and he wanted to see a Montreal Canadiens - Philadelphia Flyers hockey game. Montreal has sold out home games for many years but my buddy had the idea of going to the ticket office, finding out when the unused player allotment of tickets is released, and getting our names in the queue for those tickets. It worked. He schmoozed the young gal at the ticket office when it opened at 10 am on game day and gave her his cell#. The unused player allotment was released at around 2 pm for 7 pm Saturday game. Sure enough we got a call, and each got tickets 10 rows off the ice at almost center ice. We paid $180 each for the tickets, basically face value. Sometimes being creative and schmoozing works. Anyway I will take whatever ticket crumbs I can get from the President because I am a ratty kind of fan these days. I don’t hold bigshot status LOL.

Reactions: the Blades
You guys needed this to happen to realize womens basketball means nothing to the school's revenue? BWHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHHA

The big time MENS basketball schools, which UCONN is reputed to be, do the same thing. Does it suck? Yes
Is it unfair? Yes
Do I feel bad for the long timers? Yes

This is 2019 reality

We need cash to compete.
And I'm sorry to say this but Blades, KTSTW, Marty Rotblatt from Weatogue and Dan Hickey from Ellington aint helping that cause.

Honestly these so called die hard fans suck anyway.
Sit on there hands, golf clap. There donation juice isnt worth the squeeze.

Me and my friends however are.
But we dont buy into losers. Fix it and the donations will follow.

ADVERTISEMENT