ADVERTISEMENT

UConn WBB v. Tennessee, ESPN, 7 pm Thursday 1/21

KhalidShockedTheWorld

Gold Member
Mar 28, 2009
Tennessee is UConn's best opponent to date, including DePaul, and this is UConn's first potentially losable game of the year. Tennessee has a big team. They go 6'1, 6'2", 6'5" up front and start guards over 6'1" as well. They have beaten #15 Indiana by 8 and #13 Arkansas (UConn's opponent next week in Chrystyn Williams' homecoming game) by 15.

It's a real test and there is a real chance they could be beat. The veterans will need to step up in a big way. The game will be an emotional one for Evie Westbrook as she faces her ex teammates.

One stat that jumps out on Tennessee is that they are outrebounding their opponents by over 15 a game, this largely a function of their size and athleticism. It is because of their rebounding prowess, long a strength of this program, that they will likely be able to hang with UConn.

I saw an opening line of UConn -13.5 on Bovada, which has been crossed out but can't see any current line. Anyone know the current line? I think I would be inclined to take UT at home getting 13.5 points.

If this were the NFL, it would be time for Geno to move upstairs and become the GM. He’s so lazy with his bench. Griffin getting her 3rd and 4th foul early in the 3rd is criminal.

the moment is looking too big for Paige and ONO continues to struggle against any comp with a pulse.

This was a good win. Tennessee has an enormous team and you can see why they are outrebounding opponents by 15 a game. UConn was a better team down the stretch. Westbrook and Williams came through in this game. I looked for 2 of the 3 juniors to have big games for UConn to win and that's exactly what happened. You need experienced players in games like this.

This was their first big stage test and they passed. Not with flying colors, but it's a key win. Arkansas next Thursday will be just as tough. They beat Baylor. UConn just needs to focus on improving.

I noticed Nika Muhl didn't play. Geno was really unhappy with her on the bench in the Butler game and she didn't seem to receive what he was telling her very well. I hope we see her back Saturday. They need to develop her. Makurat was almost a total non factor today and they need more from her than what they are getting.

UConn was crushed on the boards first half 24-15 but it ended up only 42-38 in favor of UT, meaning UConn won the boards second half 23-18. I think they rebounded better when ONO and Edwards were out there together, plus going to a zone defense helped.

How tough do you think my it will be for UConn against Carolina's girls in a couple of weeks? Aliyah Boston is a beast!!!

ADVERTISEMENT