ADVERTISEMENT

Uconn vs. UNH

the Blades

Gold Member
Jan 20, 2003
SAT Noon- XL Center (SNY) vs.UNH (2-3, American East)...Uconn leads the series vs. the old Yankee conference rival 92-25

New Hampshire brings Hartford-area attitude to face UConn men
UNH.jpg

Their wins came over 2 teams I never heard of........anyone can tell me what state Rivier and Mt St. Vincent's are located in without researching it, much less the nicknames of those teams? UNH lost by 29 to UMass, by 24 to American. This is not a good team. They are shooting 38% FGs as a team.

Their wins came over 2 teams I never heard of........anyone can tell me what state Rivier and Mt St. Vincent's are located in without researching it, much less the nicknames of those teams? UNH lost by 29 to UMass, by 24 to American. This is not a good team. They are shooting 38% FGs as a team.
Vegas agrees with you.... most of the books have it off the board, but I saw one line with UNH as a 21 pt underdog. Hopefully the Huskies don't have a turkey day hangover.

UConn with a very solid first half. Best half of basketball in a UConn uniform by Tyler Polley. Josh Carlton can be counted on to assert himself inside against weak interior teams. The usual contributions from Jalen Adams and Christian Vital. I liked the way that Tarin Smith played as a backup point guard. He has great court vision and knows where his teammates on the wings are. And when UNH was in the zone Cobb was excellent passing the ball against it.

The defense was good even though it seemed like they would get beat a lot with cuts later in the shot clock and need to finish some possessions better.

Anyway do the same second half and get the W-

Although it wasn’t a spectacular performance and a few more assists would have been nice, you can’t really complaint about the rebounding - 50-33 edge led by Vital’s double double of 14 and 10 or 91 points on 52% shooting. However 4 for 16 on 3s against a team playing zone and giving them a lot of open looks means more of that type of D will get played on UConn. Overall though you have to say it was Taking Care of Business:

Christian Vital now leads the team in rebounds with 43, by a rather substantial amount. I am trying to remember whether Shabazz led the team in rebounds in 2013-14. I think he may have. It’s kind of embarrassing on the one hand to have a 6’2”
Guard leading a good division 1 team in boards. But on the other hand, it’s a good thing we have him on our team.

ADVERTISEMENT